I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

'You Are My Sunshine'


Hello Everyone,
I planted several sunflower seeds, but this is the only plant that grew!

Today I made a Birthday card for a friend with this photograph.  Her garden is fabulous.  She loves all types of flowers and this sunflower photograph was very much appreciated.
Four women and I joined our friend of 43 years for lunch today.  She is a graceful and dear person who was celebrating her 75th birthday.
 ~ Happy Birthday dear friend~


Do you see my friend the 'Praying Mantis' on the center of the sunflower.
I was photographing the blooms with my telephoto lens and I took several photos before I pulled the bloom up close and spotted  a green speck on the center of the flower.  Upon closer observation I saw the Praying Mantis and quickly found a stick and removed it from my photo shoot. LOL


This Sunflower plant has 16 blooms I have counted so far.
Ferry-Morse Seed Co. Autumn Beauty, Mixed Colors (Holland 2011)


I cut three blooms for my 'Pink Lemonade and Watermelon' post
and
I picked three blooms today for a bouquet for the living room.


I have plans to plant more along this fence next spring.


The bloom is just opening up with the last few petals getting ready to straighten out with the morning sun. 



















What a pleasure it is to share with you some of nature's amazing work. 

Thank you friends and followers for visiting My Cozy Corner

I'm joining

Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Cottage Flora Thursdays @ Fishtail Cottage
Fall in Love with your Home @ Decor to Adore
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
and
Seasonal Sunday @ The Tablescaper

Enjoy!
xo
Betty

9 comments:

  1. I am visiting you via Outdoor Wednesday and I have to tell you that I love sunflowers as they are a signature flower of late summer's glory!

    Thank goodness that your garden supports the curious praying mantis... he is a good friend to the garden.

    I would like to invite you to this weeks Bunny Hop :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Home to Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful. Every year except this one, I have been able to enjoy a beautiful field of sunflowers on my country commute. I guess because of the drought, the farmer didn't even plant them. I miss them. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunflowers are so happy!

    I love that little praying mantis too.

    Thank you so very much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunflowers have certainly soared to the heavens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sure the most "happiest" link i've visited today! Love how the yellow in these blooms scream cheerful days are here! thanks for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's today! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sunflower appears to have smaller blooms that don't tend to droop over! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I planted many seeds and only ended up with one plant too, but it looks like we both got beauties-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pretty heads.. let the seeds fall for next year! One of my favorite flowers! xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, for one plant, it sure has blessed you with blossoms. The birds will love the seeds when they dry out!! Happy Fall!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...