I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, November 21, 2011

Off to Grandmother's House We Go!



Hello Everyone,
I hope you are having a great week. With all the planning that goes into preparing a large dinner I know you are very busy.
But please take some time and enjoy a Butterscotch Roll and a cup of hot chocolate for a minute or two.
Off to Grandmother's house we go!
Oh!
That's me.  I'm the Grandmother and I off to have a Thanksgiving Feast with the children and grandchildren. But before we go I thought I would bake a batch of Butterscotch rolls. Sweetheart and I are going to have a cup of hot chocolate and a sweet butterscotch roll we start to pack the car.  Oh! Please don't think I get away without doing something on Thanksgiving Day.  I love bringing goodies and a few surprises to my children and grandchildren, since we don't get together very often.
You know how busy young adults are these days.  They are both working and my two granddaughters are busy with collage and senior year in high school.  They are so adorable.



Now for the Butterscotch Rolls.
(Printable Recipe)

Butterscotch Rolls

No-Knead Refrigerator Rolls

2 pkg. active dry or 2 cakes compressed yeast
2 cups water (use warm water, 110*, with dry yeast , 85*, with compressed yeast)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
6 1/2 to 7 cups sifted Gold Medal Flour
1 egg
1/4 cup soft shortening

In mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add sugar, salt and about half the flour. Beat thoroughly 2 min. Add egg and shortening. Gradually beat in remaining flour until smooth. Cover with damp cloth; place in refrigerator. Punch down occasionally as dough rises in refrigerator. About 2 hr. before baking, cut off amount needed and return to refrigerator. Shape into rolls and place on greased baking sheet. Cover. Let rise until light (1 1/2 to 2hr.). Heat oven to 400* (mod hot). Bake 12 to 15 min. 4 doz. medium rolls.

Cinnamon Rolls
 (use recipe above)
Use 1/2 No-Knead Refrigerator Roll Dough.

Take out of Refrigerator and roll dough into oblong, 15x9".

1. Spread with 2 tbsp. softened butter and sprinkle with 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon.
2. Roll up tightly, beginning at wide side. Seal well by pinching edges of roll together. Stretch roll slightly to even.
3. Cut roll into 1" slices. Place a little apart in greased 13x9" pan or 18 greased muffin cups.
Cover and let rise until double in bulk(35 to 40 min.). Bake until golden brown. While slightly warm, frost with Quick White Icing.
TEMPERATURE: 375* (quick mod. oven).
TIME: 25 TO 30 min.
AMOUNT: 1 1/2 doz rolls.

BUTTERSCOTCH ROLLS

Make Cinnamon Rolls as above-EXCEPT coat the baking dish with

1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed) - sprinkle on melted butter
1 tbsp. corn syrup or water
1/2 cup nuts
Place 1" slices  on top of Butterscotch mixture
Bake.

Immediately turn upside down on a large tray. Let pan stay over rolls a minute so butterscotch runs down over them.

Yum!!!


I have moved the buffet table next to the back window for the winter.  I hope to take more photos with the natural light that comes into the house from these windows.


Poor St. Patrick is just so beat up from the rainy weather.  I found just three blooms.
 Exactly what I needed for this Tablescape. 



A cup of nice hot chocolate is going to warm us up for the trip.  We only travel about 60 miles and the walnut orchards are so beautiful this time of the year.
The white cups are from the thrift store and I only have two.



The little tea pots were a gift from a friend.  She knows I love tea and gave me two little pots.
I'm sure my grand girls would love to use them also.



The yellow plates I found a Tues Morning.  They were very inexpensive.  Perfect plate for butterscotch cinnamon rolls.


The flatware is our everyday and the pottery creamer was a thrifty find.
Napkins are my standard monogrammed white linen and the yellow napkin rings are from the thrift store.


Well, I'm off to visit the children. 
and
I'm happy you stopped by to say hello.
A big hello to
Tom Travel and PJ
They are new followers of My Cozy Corner.
~Welcome~

I'm joining:

A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Thrifty Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
At The Picket Fence for Inspiration Friday
Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday
and
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

Hope you all have a Wonderful Thanksgiving Day Feast
xo
Betty

6 comments:

  1. Hi Betty
    Just came across your blog and love all the beautiful photos. I am really zooming in on those gorgeous mugs of hot chocolate. I'm Canadian so we are past Thanksgiving and on to Christmas but I want to wish you and yours a wonderful celebration. Deb=^..^=x4 Ottawa Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rolls look yummy and that is a beautiful setting. Have a safe trip and a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOur tablescape is gorgeous and the rolls and chocolate look sooooooooo good. I hope you have a very special Thanksgiving with our family and the day is full of Blessings. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers can't type this morning, of course I meant YOUR family. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful warm and welcome table. I could easily sit down and spend the morning.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing and happy holidays! ~ sarah

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...