I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Friday, May 4, 2012

OLD ENGLISH TEA POT

Hello Everyone!
I'm so excited today. I have so many things to Show and Tell you.
Some fabulous Pink.
and
A few of My Favorite Things that Inspire Me.


My Sweetheart gave me this beautiful book about London as a Valentine gift.
We went to B & N to buy a book for a friend and he saw this book and another  book about Scotland.  He wanted me to have them to read before I went on my trip this summer.  I was so delighted and proud of him because he wanted me to be informed about the places I would visit and photograph.      


As I sat by the window with my cup of tea  (and my brownies.) I was thinking about how my Great-Grandmother, Great-Grandfather and five children crossed the Atlantic Ocean on the ship Olympic leaving Southampton England and landing at Ellis Island on March 25, 1914.  They only had a big trunk to carry their most precious belongings from their home land.


This Old English Tea Pot is one of those treasures that made the trip to America in 1914.


There is a wonderful website ellisisland.org. where I found the passenger record of my Grandmother's family arriving at Ellis Island.
My Grandmother was 11 years old in 1914 and by the grace of God my Grandfather departed Liverpool on the ship Carmania and arrived on May 31, 1914.  He was 23 years old.  My Grandmother and Grandfather met in California and were married in 1920.  


This trip is very important to me. And I will be able to see for myself  where my ancestors came from and how they lived.


The ladies I'm traveling with asked me "Is there anything I want to see or do in London?" I said " Yes, I would love to have tea."  "Oh! we have tea every afternoon somewhere to rest our feet."  Oh happy day!!!!! I can't believe I'm going to have tea every day in LONDON.






How about some 'British Breakfast'? 


 Something Pink.  Camellia japonica.    


The silver plated spoon was another treasure from England and the cup and saucer and the little flower vase are Anfora pottery from Mexico.


My world is expanding and I am so grateful for the opportunity to visit such an amazing place.

Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner.
xo
Betty

5 comments:

  1. I love your black teapot. That it carries a story from your ancestor makes it invaluable. To imagine the dreams that our forefathers had when they crossed the Atlantic. Grandma wanted to go but her mother said from but two of her brothers for. Tea and Brownies yummy accessories for reading books. I wish you a nice weekend! Zinnia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming post and so enjoyed the glimpse into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Camellias...I have two bushes in our garden and enjoy the blossoms all winter. Sitting down to tea and a book sounds delightful :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...