I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, May 14, 2012

*Betty's Cafe and Tea Room* # 2



Welcome to my Virtual Tea Room.
If you are new to My Cozy Corner,
 I occasionally visit Tea Rooms, or as in today's post a beautiful hotel.
Go HERE to see Tour #1


During my trip to Oahu, Hawaii to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I treated my granddaughters and my daughter to Afternoon Tea at the Moana-Surfrider, a Weston Resort and Spa  HERE 
In the center of the Moana Surfrider's courtyard stands a large Banyan tree. The Indian Banyan tree was planted in 1904 by Jared Smith, Director of the Department of Agriculture Experiment Station. When planted, the tree was nearly seven feet tall and about seven years old. It now stands 75 feet high and spans 150 feet across the courtyard.



The Moana Hotel, also known as the First Lady of Waikiki is a famous historic hotel on the island of Oahu,  Built in the late 19th century as the first hotel in Waikiki, the Moana opened its doors to guests in 1901, becoming the first large hotel in Waikiki.
The Moana Hotel is regarded as the flagship in Hawaii tourism, and has been listed on the
 National Register of Historic Places.
 In Hawaiian, moana means "open sea" or "ocean."


Hi girls~We are sitting on the veranda. The girls are facing the beautiful ocean and I'm behind the camera running around acting like a crazy woman snapping photos for this post.  The girls were so sweet and happy  we were having tea at such a beautiful place.


We enjoyed the moana classic tea service.


The house blends were so delicious.  I chose the 'moana royale' loose tea.  Very fragrant


The soup of the day is Pumpkin soup.  We sipped the soup from the small cups.  The portion was just the perfect size for afternoon tea.


I love the crisp white table linens and the heavy hotel dinnerware.  The design on the dinnerware is so tropical and an excellent size plate to serve finger sandwiches, scone and sweet pastries.


The tomato, cucumber and olive tapenade on french baguette with boursin cheese was fabulous. The smoked salmon and egg salad sandwich was divine... The smoked salmon and egg salad is going to be a favorite go to sandwich for this summer entertaining.
  The roast beef, spinach and tomato on focaccia was amazing.


Yum-Yum


The Three Tier Plate Stand was a perfect size for our tea table.
Scones with devonshire cream and lemon curd.
Green Tea Macaroons
Coconut and Chocolate Macaroons
Mango Mousse and Fruit Tarts


I love the tea pot.  I poured three cups of tea from the pot.   I want the tea pot.


Out of this world.


Mango Sorbet to finish our glorious English Afternoon Tea




The water, clouds and surfers.  What a fantastic sight to see!


I hope you have enjoyed my virtual tea room tour today.  Please come back and have some tea at
Bettys Cafe and Tea Roon




'The G-G's'
The Generation Girls.
Do you notice the necklace we are wearing?
I bought each one of us a Flip-Flop necklace in remembrance of our wonderful vacation together.


Please join me as I hop across blogland to share my Afternoon Tea in Hawaii with my dear friends.
Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner.
Tea Cup Tuesday @ Rose Chintz Cottage
Tea Cup Tuesday @ Martha's Favorites 
Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer 
Table Top Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Return to Loveliness @ Delightsome Life
Friends Sharing Tea @ Bernideen's Tea Blog
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablecape Thursday
Foodie Friday @ Rattlebridge Farm
Thank you all for your comments while I was away.
xo
Betty

14 comments:

  1. I Wish I was there! Lovely...everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Betty, what a wonderful trip you had! All you girls look beautiful and I can tell that everyone had a fabulous time. The hotel is beautiful and looks like a lot of goodies on the tiered server. Perfection - that is Hawaii - paradise! Thanks for sharing some photos from your trip, Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a splendid time you all had at tea, Betty! The food looks simply fabulous. I want that teapot too! How cute it is! It is a beautiful hotel and the view is spectacular.
    What a special way to celebrate a birthday! You girls all look lovely and enjoyed yourselves immensely, I can tell! Thank you so much for sharing your trip to paradise with us. I've enjoyed it so very much.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for inviting us to your virtual tea! What an exciting trip for all of you. this looks like so much fun. I want the tea pot, too! Toss in some mango sorbet, too! What beautiful memories all of you made. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tea Betty!! I'd love to sip some of that pumpkin soup :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like a fun day. The tea looked great I love high tea everything is usually so good.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty: What a lovely trip with your special family. That tree is amazing. I love the beautiful tea house. I hope you are well and had a wonderful Mother's Day! Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to go there too! This food is so lovely and that view of the ocean - glad you were able to do this! Thanks for linking to Tea in the Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE that huge teapot sign, how cool!
    (Visiting from Savvy Southern Style)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a fun time spent together. I love the pic of all of you and the tea looks amazing. Gorgeous service and the food looks soooooooooo yummy. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful trip for you girls!!! Loved seeing the tea room and all the food. I want that teapot, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My family and I love afternoon tea. This is the first time I've seen your blog-- and I'm so glad I've come across it! I'll be sure to read about the other tea rooms you've been to.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Betty - this is an exquisite tea! Love the selection, the linens, the beautiful china and the food selection looks amazing! What a beautiful backdrop and place to visit! I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. reminiscing all the way thru this post !
    from the opening photo to the beach views...
    did this very high tea with my son such a short time ago it seems...
    LoVed every minute ~
    especially when a bride and groom arrived in the courtyard for their Hawaiian wedding ceremony while we shared a front row seat as we 'tea=d' on the verandah !!

    ty for sharing..

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...