I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Friday, May 30, 2014

Butterfly Meadow Tea Time


Hello everyone,
I've had a busy week. I took the written test to renew my drivers licence for another five years. The next time I will take the test I will be 78 years old. Ouch! There were 18 questions and I missed two.
I PASSED! Yay.
As a reward for passing I treated myself to a new tea set. My birthday is Tuesday June 3rd and I've wanted this tea set for years. 
Happy Birthday to me. Now you know the rest of the story.
I have no secrets from my blog friends. LOL
Lenox 'Butterfly Meadow' 7 piece tea set. 
My tabletop has turned into a sun-soaked butterfly haven! From my breakfast table to my tea table. This gently scalloped tea set will brighten my tablescape with a yellow and blue butterfly pattern fluttering above vibrant florals.
Delicate details are so sweet.
A little lady bug in the tea cup.
Two soft yellow napkins from my favorite store
 (Tuesday Morning) One napkin in the tea cup and one in the tray.

A butterfly on the tea pot lid♥
Soft pink flowers on the sugar and creamer and a pink flower bud as the handle for the sugar bowl. 
A wonderful spot to sit in the morning and drink a cup of tea. Watching the sun rise and listening to the birds sing...
Over the past seven years since retiring I've collected several pieces of 'Butterfly Meadow' dinnerware. I found the dinner plates at a consignment store and the mugs at Tuesday Morning. The coffee pot was on sale at Macy's. The purchase of the coffee pot started
this journey to complete this beautiful table setting.

To See post Go HERE
A little peek at my birthday present to me. 
Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Under The Table and Dreaming for Sunday Showcase Party  
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop!
Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday





17 comments:

  1. A very Happy Birthday to you. I feel we should always treat our self's to a BDay gift. I had to take the test last year so I am good for 4 more years. I always get so nervous when I have to take it. I love your tea set - the whole set is beautiful.
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on passing your tests to maintain your drivers' license and especially on acquiring such a precious and beautiful tea set as reward !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pretty butterfly tea set and the dinnerware.. Congrats on passing your drivers test, I have only had to take an eye test here. Lovely photos! Happy June and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you. What a special treat you got for yourself. Good for you. And good for passing your test.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Very Happy Birthday to you, Betty! You gifted yourself with a very sweet tea set. I love all the little adornments like the ladybug, the butterflies, and the rose bud! The dinnerware is lovely and makes a wonderful setting especially for this time of year. I would love to join you for tea in your beautiful garden! Thank you for joining me for tea and have a splendid day tomorrow.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, and a new tea set to match your dishes is the perfect gift to give yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you! I love Lenox and butterfly meadow is so much fun. Perfect for summer, too. Good for you! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! I love your Butterfly set...so pretty! And congrats on passing the driver's exam...always so stressful. The china sets a perfect tea table!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an exquisite china pattern! Truly, one to drool over.

    Happy birthday to you. I hope it's a day filled to overflowing with love and joy and that it marks the beginning of a wonderful new year of life.

    Congrats on the renewed driver's license. Where I live, to renew, you don't have to take a test. At least that's how it was when I renewed 2 years ago.

    Blessings,
    Patti @ Magnolia Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to you Betty! May you feel truly celebrated today : )
    And yay for you that you passed your driver's test! That is great to get done with.
    Your treat to yourself is fabulous! What a dear butterfly pattern. It looks so lovely all set up
    on your tray in the sun.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! Love your dishes, so dainty. You have two amazing places to sit and enjoy your coffee and tea...so nice!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this pattern. I have a couple of pieces and think that it is so pretty and feminine. So perfect for spring and summer.
    Hope you have a lovely b-day! :)
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Butterfly heaven to me and I just love looking at dinnerware and sets like this. So happy I found you on Wow us Wednesday today and I have to pin some of your lovely tablescape now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Betty,
    Femininity at its finest in your Butterfly Tea Set, dear one!!!
    I adore the soft buttery hue of the linen napkin as an accent!
    The out~of~doors photo with the coffee pot is so~o~o inviting!
    Congratulations on the passing of your driver's license!!!
    Many more years of happy motoring!!!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on passing your test and obtaining such a beautiful tea set. I collect Butterfly Meadow, too, but have not gotten the tea set yet. Don't you just love this pattern with its dainty details? I'll never tire of the scalloped edges and pretty colors! Thanks for posting. Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love, love, love this tea set! I can't say enough how lovely it is...looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...