I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Six Angels for Six Granddaughters

Hello everyone, 
Welcome back to My Cozy Corner. I hope you enjoyed
My Love Story for Valentine's Day. HERE
My husband and I had a quiet evening at home delighting 
ourselves on Lobster tail and salad.  We also watched the
Westminster Dog Show. The dogs are so beautiful, and
some are funny too. 
The rain stopped for a couple of days, and I worked out
in the garden raking leaves, pruning rose bushes and
grape vines. You can see by the photo above I 
have some daffodils starting to bloom and the rose bushes
trimmed. The irises will bloom in March.  I bought another
angel at Tuesday Morning a couple of weeks ago.
Now I have SIX ANGELS FOR SIX GRANDDAUGHTERS.
I started working at Tuesday Morning in July of 2011. I was 70 years old,
and I had been retired since 2007.  I was hired for inventory in June
of 2011, I took a trip to England and Scotland and when I returned 
I went right to work. The next spring (2012) the garden statues 
started to arrive at the store. I bought my first angel for my garden.
I was hooked.  The next spring, (2013) I found another one.
A pattern was developing. Now I had two angels.
In April of 2013, I retired from Tuesday Morning. I was (72) and
I wanted to travel, garden and update our home. The angel below
is the first angel I bought. 
I returned every spring to find another angel (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 )
Some are very light to move around 
and SOME ARE VERY HEAVY.
Now I'm 75 and going to be 76 in June. And the garden clean-up
is harder for me to do myself.  I've hired a gardener to help me
with the clean-up and digging some holes for transplanting
bulbs and bushes. I don't want to give up the benefits of
working outside, but I would like to save this old body
for traveling, photography, and table setting for my
blog. I hope I can keep gardening for many years to
come. Hopefully next week all the daffodils will be
in full bloom, and the yard will be completely clean
and ready for the February Journal photo shoot.
My granddaughters will be able to have an Angel 
in their yard one day...
I am looking forward to more sunny weather soon.
I want to play outside in my potting shed and have
tea time on the patio and under the pergola.
Thank you so much for visiting today.
Please come back soon.
Joyously,
Betty 
Linking to:

Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
Love of Home for Sunday at Home 
Normandy Life for Mosaic Monday
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Tuesday Cuppa at Antiques and Tea Cups
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at our Home
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Thoughts of Home at Poofing the Pillows
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes for Best of the Weekend
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes

37 comments:

  1. How lovely that you've collected those angels for your garden!! Good for you to keep working and moving!! That's what's kept you so young!! However, you are smart to get some garden help ! Happy Pink Saturday! Dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fabulous idea giving angels to grands. i just might start that with my 7 grandgirls and 3 grand guys...how fun and a lasting gift.
    I relate to slowing down...I no longer have a yard to worry with and I do container gardening on our patio...sure looking forward to spring...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six grandaughters! You are blessed! Beautiful angels!
    ...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this idea of an angel for each granddaughter! I have a stepping stone for each of my grandchildren now....I may have to look into some angels too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the angels look so pretty, enjoying the spring garden. I have 9 grandchildren, 3 girls - they are a blessing <3 Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful angels and daffodils. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty,

    Your six angels are divine! I'm certain your granddaughters are pleased and grateful for their grandmother's thoughtful gesture. Your daffodils look so cheery and bright and beautiful next to that blue garden bench!

    Visiting from Mosaic Monday,
    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betty,
    Adding a new angel to your garden décor in the name of each of your 6 granddaughters is such a lovely idea, I'm sure they are thrilled to see them when they come to visit.
    I do like the mosaic that you created of them, if you could just add a link to Mosaic Monday in your list it would make my day.
    Happy MM.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty, I truly enjoyed the story of your angels in your garden and your time at Tuesday Morning. Tuesday Morning and book stores -- I've often how much fun it would be to work in either one. I'm sure, however, I wouldn't bring home any money -- just items and books! Ha! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a lovely idea! There may be a rash of angel acquisition throughout Blogdom!
    I like the way you are approaching your garden and your life in retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely post. I love it. Please share! I hope you'll come over to the new Fabulous Party. This weeks theme is 'Warm Heart'. Your post is perfect to share! The party is over here:
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/02/fabulous-warm-heart-week.html
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely sentiment, and how super to have six granddaughters. We are blessed with only one---but hoping for some others soon. But, gosh we are getting too old, so I totally understand, cutting back on the gardening. Looks lovely and I will enjoy seeing your blooms when they burst, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your angel mosaic is lovely. Have a nice Monday

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Collecting angels for your granddaughters is a great idea. I like the way that you have decided to recognize your limitations and choose what you want to focus your energies on. Wishing you a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh !! so lovely six angels.. they are so, so beautiful...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are so pretty and such a wonderful idea!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  17. For one will start immediately and see how far I go…Thanks for the same.
    gclub

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice share and thanks for your informative posting.
    joker123

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really like all the info and tips you share,very good article. I always keep on looking for tips which help me.bk8

    ReplyDelete
  20. คาสิโนออนไลน์ ได้เงินจริง ใคร่รู้ก็ทดลองสมัครเข้ามา
    ufabet
    แทงบอลออนไลน์
    คาสิโนออนไลน์
    สล็อตออนไลน์
    บาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete
  21. สล็อต

    ด้วยกฎกติกา รูปแบบการเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์นั้นเล่นง่าย สามารถเล่นได้ทุกเพศ ทุกวัย เหมาะสำหรับผู้ใช้ทั้งรายเก่าและรายใหม่ สามารถพกพาความสนุกติดตามไปได้ทุกที่ ไม่ว่าจะอยู่ที่ไหน

    ReplyDelete
  22. สล็อต 999
    เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ สุดยอดสล็อตออนไลน์ในมือถือที่ดีที่สุด ที่นักล่ารางวัลทั่วโลกกล่าวถึงมากที่สุด รวมเกมฮิต เกมดัง เกมปังไว้มากที่สุด เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์เป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ได้รับการปรับขนาดจากเกมสล็อตเดิม ๆ มาสู่รูปแบบออนไลน์​ที่ช่วยให้นักพนันสามารถเล่นเกมสล็อตได้ทุกที่และทุกเวลา.

    ReplyDelete
  23. สล็อต ฟรีเครดิต ไม่ต้องฝาก ไม่ต้องแชร์

    ด้วยกฎกติกา รูปแบบการเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์นั้นเล่นง่าย สามารถเล่นได้ทุกเพศ ทุกวัย เหมาะสำหรับผู้ใช้ทั้งรายเก่าและรายใหม่ สามารถพกพาความสนุกติดตามไปได้ทุกที่ ไม่ว่าจะอยู่ที่ไหน ผู้เล่นก็สามารถเพลิดเพลินและสนุกสนานไปกับเกมสล็อตได้ เหมาะที่จะหารายได้แถมยังมีโอกาศได้ลุ้นรับรางวัลและโบนัสมากมายอีกด้วย

    ReplyDelete
  24. สล็อต 777

    เกมส์สล้อตไหนที่คุณว่าเจ๋ง หรือชื่นชอบเป็นพิเศษ รวมมาไว้ให้คุณแล้วในเว็บของเรากว่า 100 เกมส์ ไม่ว่าจะเป็นเกมส์ยิงปลาออนไลน์ ซึ่งเป็นเกมส์ยอดนิยม

    ReplyDelete
  25. สล็อตฟรี

    เว็บสล็อตมาตรฐาน เว็บสล็อตที่ส่งตรงมาให้ท่านได้เล่นจากคาสิโนจริง ๆ เพื่อให้ท่านได้มี​ความมั่นใจในการเล่นเกมส์สล็อตกับเรา สมัครเล่นสล็อตฟรี.
    สล็อตออนไลน์ เว็บคาสิโนออนไลน์ มั่นคง ปลอดภัย โอนไว จ่ายจริง. สล็อตออนไลน์ สล็อต สมัครวันนี้ รับโบนัสแรกเข้าทันที สำหรับสมาชิกใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  26. สล็อต 1688

    เกมส์สล้อตไหนที่คุณว่าเจ๋ง หรือชื่นชอบเป็นพิเศษ รวมมาไว้ให้คุณแล้วในเว็บของเรากว่า 100 เกมส์ ไม่ว่าจะเป็นเกมส์ยิงปลาออนไลน์ ซึ่งเป็นเกมส์ยอดนิยม

    ReplyDelete
  27. ฟรีสปิ้น เบรคแตกฉุดไม่อยู่เบทกันยาวๆ มีหลายเกมให้เลือกเล่น 1บาทก็เล่นได้ ฝาก-ถอนไม่มีขั้นต่ำ
    สล็อต666

    ReplyDelete
  28. สล็อตทดลองเล่น

    SUPERSLOT98 เป็นเว็บที่มาแรงที่สุดในเอเชีย เป็นเว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเย่น เล่นง่าย ได้เงินจริง ไม่มีล็อคยูสเซอร์ 100%

    ReplyDelete
  29. สล็อตออนไลน์ดีที่สุดในเอเชีย ฝาก-ถอนไม่มีขั้นต่ำ
    แอดมินบริการเร็ว ทันใจ พร้อมบริการ 24 ชั่วโมง
    สล็อต66

    ReplyDelete
  30. เว็บตรง มั่นคง ปลอดภัย Luckywin98

    สล็อตแตกง่าย
    จ่ายจริง ไม่มีประวัติการโกง
    สล็อตเว็บตรง
    ที่มั่นคงที่สุดในตอนนี้
    เว็บสล็อต
    ที่กล้าให้คุณมากกว่าที่อื่น
    สมัครสล็อต

    สล็อต เล่นฟรี

    ReplyDelete
  31. RR
    รูปแบบของเกม Tree of Fortune สล็อตทำกำไร มีการนำต้นไม้แห่งโชคลาภมาใช้ในการพัฒนาเกมทำให้เกมมีภาพสวย
    คมชัด ดึงดูดความน่าสนใจได้ดีมาก เกม Tree of Fortune ถือเป็นเกมที่โบนัสเเตกง่าย ในเกมมีฟีเจอร์พิเศษอย่างฟีเจอร์ซองแดง
    ฟีเจอร์โบนัส ทำให้มีโอกาสได้เงินรางวัลเพิ่มสูงขึ้น สมัครเล่นเองได้ง่าย ๆ เล่นผ่านมือถือทั้งทางแอปพลิเคชั่นและเล่นผ่านทางหน้าเว็บตรงของทางค่าย
    Superslot 98 หรือสามารถติดต่อแอดมินได้ที่ @SPS98 รวมค่ายเกมสล็อตไว้มากมายมากกว่า 30 ค่าย มีบริการแอดมินดูแลตอบลูกค้าตลอด 24 ชม.
    พร้อมด้วยระบบฝาก – ถอน ออโต้ ที่เร็วที่สุด
    สล็อตออนไลน์
    สล็อตออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  32. ทุน้อยก็บวกหนักได้ ฝากขั้นต่ำเพียง 1 บาท เล่นได้ทุกอย่าง
    มีบอล บาคาร่า สล็อต
    หวย รูเล็ท ไฮโล เสือ-มังกร
    ยูสเดียว ไม่ต้องโยกกระเป๋าให้เสียเวลา แอดมินบริการ 24 ชม.
    เว็บตรง

    สล็อตแตกง่าย

    พนันบอล

    สล็อตjoker

    สล็อตPGแตกง่าย

    ReplyDelete
  33. เว็บLuckywin98 เป็นเว็บพนันออนไลน์มาแรง ที่สุดตอนนี้ ฉีกทุกกฎการเล่นเกมออนไลน์ได้เงินจริง เว็บนี้ได้ง่ายแจกจริงไม่มีกัก ปลอดภัยทุกบิลฝาก เว็บตรง ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ ฝากถอนไม่มีขั้นต่ำ
    เว็บสล็อต
    สล็อตเว็บตรง
    สมัครสล็อต
    สล็อตแตกง่าย
    สล็อต เล่นฟรี

    ReplyDelete
  34. ไม่อยากเสี่ยง เจอเว็บโกง หรือหาเว็บประจำอยู่
    เรามีเว็บดีเว็บดังมาแนะนำต้องเว็บนี้เลย


    สล็อตjoker

    ReplyDelete
  35. สล็อต 777

    ด้วยกฎกติกา รูปแบบการเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์นั้นเล่นง่าย สามารถเล่นได้ทุกเพศ ทุกวัย เหมาะสำหรับผู้ใช้ทั้งรายเก่าและรายใหม่ สามารถพกพาความสนุกติดตามไปได้ทุกที่ ไม่ว่าจะอยู่ที่ไหน
    เพียงไม่กี่ขั้นตอน ก็สามารถเล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ได้ โดยยอดเครดิตใน User ของผู้เดิมพันเสมือนเหรียญที่หยอดในตู้สล็อต

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...