I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Friday, September 27, 2013

New (Old) Vanity for Guest Room


Hello everyone,
Oh, how I love to blog. I'm so excited to share with you my new(old) vanity or  dresser with a three way mirror. A friend was going off the collage and sold me this darling vanity to use in my guest room. But, I do have a dilemma. Should I paint this piece or not. I bought some ASCP Old White and was going to paint the dresser before bringing it into the guest room. I replaced the handles with some new decorative ones from Lowe's, but I think I want to live with the dark original look for awhile before starting a big  painting project. What do you think? Do I paint it or leave it looking old fashion for my guest room.
The dahlias are from my garden. I picked the dead ones and retrieved this beautiful bouquet for my guest room. The set of mirror, brush, comb and jewelry box was a Christmas gift from Sweetheart on our first  Christmas 53 years ago...
The angel was a gift from my granddaughter and the angel wings were a gift from my Sister-In-Law. The dresser scarf came from Lisa's Tea Room where my sister and I celebrated my mom's 91st birthday nine months before she passed away.
White, Pink and Rose are the colors for this room. A little light sits on the vintage night stand my sweetheart build in high school-57 years ago. The towels are tucked in the night stand and some lavender soap is going to be in a little basket for guests to use.
I forgot to put it on top of the towels today, but it will be there when guests arrive...
I love the reflection of the vase and flowers in the mirror.  
The rose throw is ready for wrapping up and reading a good book. The Tea Time magazines are in the angel box below the quilt rack. I added some white sheer panels the other day for a softer look to the room. The bed has a heated mattress pad and a down comforter is near by.
A rocking chair for reading. Sweetheart bought this chair while I was delivering our first child. When I came home from the hospital this wonderful rocking chair was waiting for me. The cute bear was a gift from my mom and dad to me on my first Christmas. I was six months old. 
Another story has been told and a another look into the past. 
Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner today. 
Please come back.
I'm Linking To:

17 comments:

  1. Betty, I love how you have decorated your guest room with wonderful items from your past. What a lovely gift to your guests! If it were me, I'd paint the vanity. But not just a single colour. Stencils, collage, have fun and maybe even use that gorgeous quilt for inspiration.
    Happy Pink Saturday,
    ~Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guest room has a wonderful look of romance and charm. The dresser is nice in the original look but I am a fan of wood. White would probably be pretty though. I like it with the dresser cover and the wonderful vignette you have created. The dresser set is a wonderful treasure from your sweetheart. The rocking chair is lovely with your childhood toy as well.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty. Such a lovely room and what a wonderful place for guests. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your guests will certainly feel pampered and comfy in this beautiful room. I love that you have so many personal treasures in this room. I think that makes it even more special and welcoming. I imagine your granddaughters love spending the night in this guest room and hearing about these family pieces. Thanks for sharing. I think the dresser will look lovely either way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love how beautiful and comfortable your room is. It's full of memories and stories, any guest would enjoy staying here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your guest room is cozy looking and the dresser is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a charming room. I fret about painting or not painting myself. I can not advise you! ; D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, Your guest room looks so cozy and inviting! I think your friends and family must look forward to being a special guest in your home. I think you are wise to live with the dark wood for some time before you decide what to do with the new dresser. I have the same dilemma in my guest room so I can't wait to see what you decide to do! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your guests must want to stay a long time your cozy guestroom. I love the rose quilt at the end of the bed. Did you make it? The vase holding the dahlias is gorgeous, too. I'd be inclined to paint the dresser. It's hard to decide sometimes, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely guest room! The flower arrangement is beautiful. Holding off the painting is a good idea for now! Enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Betty, what a sweet guest room. The vanity is lovely, especially with the vase, flowers and vanity set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!! Just "my" style!
    I love your guest room..... especially that vase and vanity set.
    Beautifully done.
    Hope you will pop over for a visit.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. The room is beautiful. Love those soft and elegant colors.
    Those flowers are gorgeous.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful vanity!! I think if the rest of your room is beautiful dark wood you should keep it original. :) I love your decorations on the vanity! So lovely to visit your blog!
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Betty
    just Love your post........
    the room is really beautiful...
    and do not miss......

    the BLOGPARTY

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos and vintage treasures.

    Have a wonderful week. Please stop by for a visit.

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...