I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Birds of a Feather Flock Together Tablescape


Hello everyone,
No truer words were said...Birds of a Feather Flock Together. Yes, We Do!
I photographed this tablescape yesterday morning and after lunch I was planting in the garden. I don't usually plant annuals, but this year because of the garden tour I'm planting of instant color. 
Now back to tablescaping. I won a gift certificate from French Bleu Vintage a few years ago and I picked this vintage bird cage. My little birds have another home outside in the patio, but they consented to come inside for couple of days. LOL
March is a busy month at My Cozy Corner. On Sunday we had a family dinner for Sweetheart. He is now 72 years old. Between birthdays and garden I'm one busy old lady. This jeweled napkin ring caught my eye at the thrift store about a month ago. I didn't by them at that time.  $2.00 silly me. Then I was thinking they would look nice with this table. I hopped in the car and ran over to the thrift store. I couldn't find them anywhere. Finally I asked and there they were just waiting for me to bring them home.
I love birds. When we first moved into our home the back yard was very different looking. HERE We had chickens and loved the fresh eggs each morning for breakfast while the children were growing up. Oh yes, our middle son will be 50 this Sunday. We're going out to dinner and celebrate our Patrick's birthday. He was born the day before St. Patrick's Day. What was I going to do. I had to name him Patrick. Besides I love the name. Well I sure did get off the topic of tablescaping.
Do you think the eggs are a little bit out of proportion with the size of the birds? LOL
I think they are so cute...♥

I.ve always been a a storyteller about everything. I try to stay as close to the truth as possible  These plates have a story too.
I don't know what plants they are, but they look like weeds to me. 
I found the four plates at a yard sale for $2.00. I knew they would be perfect for a spring table. I was going to use them later this spring outside under the pergola, but I just couldn't wait.


Grape vine wreath, green dollar tree plates, Martha Stewart salad plates and weed plates from yard sale. Sweet♥
The place mats were on clearance at TM. There is a set of place mats, four napkins  and a table runner for $9.00. I didn't use the napkins for this tablescape because they are huge. I had this smaller contrasting green napkin that works well with my semi-shear napkins. The white flatware is from Walmart. 
There you have it. My Birds~St. Patrick's Day and Spring Tablescape all
rolled into one. 
Have a great weekend and hopefully we will all have a sunny Sunday.
Joyously,
Betty 
I Linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch at Tablescape Thursday
Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground    
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell at A Romantic Home
Friday's Unfolded at Nancherrow  
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper 
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View
Mosaic Monday at Little Red House  
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Your Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe with an E   
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tea Cup Tuesday at Artful Affirmations
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups
Tea In The Garden at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Centerpiece Wednesday - Spring Ideas at The Style Sisters

24 comments:

  1. Love the bird cage, it;s a keeper and the birds look very good in there. I love your dishes, especially the weed plates as you call them. Who made them? Very Spring tablescape. Happy Bday to your Mr and have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary,
      Thanks for your comment. The weed plates have nothing on the back. Thanks for the birthday wishes.
      Betty

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! The plates are beautiful and the bird touches are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the birds were real at first! I love the table with your sparkly napkin rings and weedish plates. The touches of yellow are so Springy! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and inviting table ! I think the first plate is dandelions and the second is clover. Love your "love birds"...
    and didn't you have a happy St. Patrick's Day those years ago and everyone since !
    Happy Pink Saturday !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love, Love the bird cage! I love birds, too.
    Lovely table setting. Perfect for Spring.
    Have fun celebrating your son's B-day. It's the big one.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hope you will pop over for a visit.
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tablescape.....Love the plates and the birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betty, I love how you put all this together to make such a fresh spring time table setting. I wanted to let you know that I featured this post on Inspired Sunday at www.sundayview.blogspot.com.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tea setting and your china is gorgeous.
    ~Clara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Betty,
    I have a 'thing' for bird cages and bird houses so I am loving yours! Your little birdies are looking right at home in there. Your table settings are wonderful and they pull in all the green for St. Patricks day and springtime. I like your use of the grapevine too. Thank you for coming to tea and Happy Birthday to your hubby and your son!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful table! I love the birdhouse and sweet birds. And your plates are wonderful! They remind me of Portmeirion. So pretty and a perfect birthday setting! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty spring table! I love those flower plates. Even the dandelion one. :) The bird cage and it's occupants is really cute. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  13. Birds - birds - birds! Lovely! Wht a fun posting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Betty: Love the birds and your wonderful table. Everything looks so beautiful. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your table is lovely. Even the Dandelion plate. Actually it is a VERY pretty plate!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your post
    Meeting you has been apleasure

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty spring tablescape! Love the birds!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's not often you'll see a china plate with dandelions on it, but it is lovely, and I see clover as well - a good find! You're a gifted thrifty shopper.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just perfect....perfectly springy :) Please come join us for Centerpiece Wednesday Linky party and share your post with us. Centerpiece Wednesday is live tonight http://thestylesisters.blogspot.com/2014/03/centerpiece-wednesday-spring-ideas.html
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is adorable I need to hit garage sales more often I too am an avid plate collector and I would have snatched these plates up too they are so SPRINGY! love the little birds but the cage is a work of art so Victorian where did you find that?Susie

    ReplyDelete
  21. I lost a LONG comment. It was great, Betty. I will be back if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your birdies are just oh so sweet, and I love those wonderful plates!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a sucker for anything with birds and tablescapes so your table drew me right in! I LOVE the weed plates and you have inspired me to get out my birdcage for Spring! Just lovely Betty! Thank you for sharing it at the party this week! I will be featuring this post on my Facebook page and have pinned it on the You're Gonna Love It Tuesday board on Pinterest (as well as my own board, All The Pretty Tables) too :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...