I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

How to Pack a Small Carry On


Hello everyone,
It's time for Sweetheart and I to take a trip. Some history of our travel experiences. We stayed home until we were married 35 years. On our 35th wedding anniversary we made our first trip on an airplane to Hawaii.. After that trip I was ready to travel every year. Since I've been blogging I have posted our trips on "The Places I've Been" Go Here
I love to take my camera on my trips. I've tried every kind of camera case. I finally found the best camera case/purse to fit my needs. I purchased this camera case last year. It can be a back pack but I don't have the range of motion to swing it around my shoulders so I put it around my neck and it rests on my hip. 
The genuine leather bag in made in the USA by a company in California. 
Copper River Bags Go Here I have a clip on the side to hang my favorite travel pillow. This bone pillow has been around the world with me. 
This is the inside of the bag. Roomy and sturdy to support my camera and computer.
Oh Yes, I will get all this in the bag. I had my cell phone in the photo, but I needed to answer it and forgot to put it back in the set up before clicking the photo. I also will put the camera in the bag that I'm taking this photo with. It's a Canon PowerShot SX280 12.1MP Digital Camera with 20x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 3-Inch LCD (Black) (OLD MODEL
I labeled the items and I will try to explain what I need in my carry on.
Inside purse A. I put four weeks of medicine, bandage, ear plugs, nail file, ear buds, flashlight, lipstick, cough drops, pencil, pad and the little bag B holds my memory cards and two flash drives. Bag B goes in the front zipper part of bag A.Next I put my Cannon camera with a Tamron lens C in the bag with the camera body flat on the bottom of the bag. The lens is surrounded with soft goods to protect it from damage. 
D. Nature Bars slide in next to the little purse...Oh! There's my cell phone placed within easy reach. E. Kleenex goes in the outside pocket and H. antibacterial whips go in the other side pocket. 
F. is my computer
Acer Aspire Switch 10 SW5-011-18R3 10.1-Inch Detachable 2 in 1 Touchscreen Laptop (32GB)
G Tote Bag to carry goodies after passing security. 
The bag and tote will fit under the seat and I have everything for a long flight.
I. I cover everything in the bag with my blanket. Time to close and snap the bag.
I'm ready to go.
The yellow folder is to carry airline tickets, hotel reservations and shuttle vouchers. 
All snapped up and ready to go.
I wanted to know how much weight I was carrying and I think 11.2 pounds is going to be fine. I've had a carry-on that I pulled in the airport but. I find the older I get the more I need two hands to keep my balance. 
My leather bag will take me anywhere. 
Thanks for visiting today.
Soon I will be posting what I wear on a long airplane ride and how I pack one suitcase with clothes for a three week trip.
Thank you dear friends and followers for your inspiration and beautiful words of encouragement.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:


Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Thing 
No Minimalist Here for Show Your Style Thursday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes 

10 comments:

  1. I like how your photos illustrate your points! You have an eye for them for sure. :) Found you via Wow Us Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that little bag holds a lot and it is very nice looking, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful bag! love the look of it.
    b

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bag! For a lot of my life, I was a journalist/photographer, so I never carried a purse. Only a camera case. The weight, ease of carrying it, and a little extra space for my tape recorder, ID, money and lipstick was always important. Now, in midlife, I find myself buying my first bags that aren't really camera cases. It's been a learning curve. Brenda/1010ParkPlace

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very nice bag. I am with you, I travel light.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Betty, Your photo caught my eye since we are traveling to France for the month of October. I loved your post and took note of how compact everything is. I'll be watching for your suitcase post. I can learn from your experience. Smile.

    Have a great weekend.
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the tip! We will be traveling to Winnipeg and to Calgary next week so I am going to put this to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny that I should visit your post upon returning from a shopping trip to buy new luggage! I am very impressed that you can fit all of those things inside a leather bag and it still only weighs 11 lbs! I also love to travel and my combinations of "the best way to pack" have changed and evolved over the years. I finally decided I needed to be able to carry on all of what I have, if possible, so I just purchased one of the rollers that will fit in the overhead, and it's matching tote that will fit under my seat. It will be interesting to see what I can fit in them both to take with me. Trial 5-day trip to Montana in a week to be followed by a 10-day trip to London two weeks later. Wish me luck! I look forward to seeing how you pack your suitcase and what you travel in. I'm so happy the days of "dressing up" to go on an airplane are over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good tip. I haven't flown in years. I would need a whole manual on all the new rules! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your finally getting away! And Hawaii...ah...I wrote a post last year about how to get all my clothes for a week's vacation in a carry on. But my husband was checking his bag and didn't care about the extra $$ we had to pay to do so, so I figured, what the heck--I'll just pack more and put it in a bigger suitcase. Love these tips-you even got the laptop in there!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...