I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Late Summer Mantel Before and After


Hello everyone,
We actually are going to have a cool down in the weather this weekend. I will be in the garden weeding and cleaning until it's finished. While the weather was hot outside I cleaned the whole house inside and changed the mantel for the next month or so...I can't wait to put my pumpkins out this year.
Since the first of the year I've been using plates as the main interest on the mantel. Go Here to see the Before post. My green plates with bird accents were so delightful all spring long. And now I have some new birds.
I love wildlife photography and artwork (Go here to see my favorite piece) of any kind. I found these  beautiful duck plates at Tuesday Morning and in the basket they went. 
The plates have a Mallard Drake and Mallard Hen swimming in a beautiful pond.
The Mallard Salad plate is Queen's Made in England. The White china dinner plate is Ralph Lauren. Hurricane candle holders have been around since the early 80's. The little wooden duck I bought from a little Mexican boy on the street in Mexico while traveling to the Panama Canal.

I found the metal basket at the thrift shop for $5.00 dollars. I was going to hang it on the front porch, but I love it in the living room decorated with some feathers and bittersweet.
When I was a young girl my dad would go duck hunting every fall and early winter. He would come home with Mallard, Wood duck and Spoonbill. I would help him pick the feathers until the birds were plucked clean. Then my mother would roast the ducks in the oven on Sunday. What a delicacy to have roasted duck on a cold and rainy Sunday afternoon. 
A mosaic to pin


Thanks for visiting me today and I hope you have a great week.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to
The Tray of Bliss for Five Star Frugal
Rustic and Refined for Table It Link Party - Sunday 
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Betty! I love the vintage china. Would you pop over to Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss to share this one? Love Mimi xxx
    http://atrayofbliss.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/five-star-frugal-16with-pearls-and-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mantal, all your plates are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty! Your mantel looks gorgeous! I love your pretty plates too!
    Hope you're doing well.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the spring mantel...green is my favorite color. Your fall mantel is gorgeous...the mallard plates are so perfect for autumn. Great buy on the metal basket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty this is! I love the greens in the spring mantel and the plates in the late summer / early fall one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love the mantel in the first shot and the way you display the plates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! It's fun to change things up a bit and get to admire our special things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the plates with the mallards and I envy those with a mantel to decorate for the seasons.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Betty.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...