I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Valentine Cookies and a Story


Hello everyone,
This Sunday is Valentine's Day and
 It's a very special day for me.
Sweetheart and I were engaged on Valentine's Day in
1960. To see my engagement ring Go Here. I scanned
the photo from our Wedding photo album. In those days 
Wedding photos were taken in Black and White. Our
photos have turned a little yellow over the years, but our 
love is just as fresh as it was 56 years ago.

To celebrate our special day, we have
dinner at home and when we were younger 
we would put on our favorite dance music and 
dance in our kitchen later in the evening.  
A box of chocolates and flowers are my gifts 
I usually don't give sweetheart a gift...
because he has ME. 
~LOL~
During Christmas I was making Lemon Bars and I had a little
shortbread dough leftover... I put the dough in the freezer until
last week when I baked a few heart shaped cookies with a hole
in the center to put a straw through.

I made the frosting thick as syrup and poured it over the cookies.
Let the cookies sit on a rack for six hours or overnight.
Confectioners sugar and milk 
with a VERY SMALL AMOUNT of
red food coloring.
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Sweethearts (also known as conversation hearts)
 are small heart-shaped sugar candies sold around
 Valentine's Day. Each heart is printed with a message such 
as "Be Mine", "Kiss Me", "Call Me", "Let's Get Busy", 
and "Miss You". Sweethearts are made by the 
New England Confectionery Company, or Necco
A similar type of candy is sold in the UK under the name 
Love Hearts. Necco manufactures 
nearly 2 billion Sweethearts per year.[1] source
Milk and Cookies
A mosaic to Pin


Wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day
Joyously,
Betty
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes
Rustic and Refined for Table It Link Party - Sunday
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday

10 comments:

  1. I love these little cookies you made! They look so cute! My husband and I got engaged this weekend too, except 4 years ago. I pinned this to my Valentine's Board :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you the clever one! Eating a cookie at the same time having a swallow milk is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies are pretty and how I would love one right now with a glass of cold milk.
    Delightful post and clever to put the straw through the cookie.
    Bet we'll see on Pinterest many times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and lovely post to both read and look at. I have never seen cookies on top of the bottle like that. I will have to copy that charming idea. Wishing you the best and many more memories in the making.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I don't how you came up with that, but it's so adorable! I'm so glad there are "happily ever afters..."
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the light pink cookies!!! YUM! So pretty. Be sure to check out my Valentine Day Tablescape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cookies look good!! We are ordering in from our favorite Italian Eatery for Valentine's Day!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's just as cute as a button!
    What a charing display!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Reminds me of the soda shops. Very cute! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday, Betty. I definitely should have headed to your house for Valentine's milk and cookies. Your photos are stunning.

    This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one that caught my eye".♥

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...