I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

It's the Little Things that Matter #7

 
Hello everyone,
I hope you had a wonderful 4th of July weekend holiday. 
We celebrated the 4th on the Bluffs at a friend's home overlooking 
the Sundial Bridge. The fireworks were beautiful and 
the weather was perfect for this time of the year.
I have a couple of posts in progress  I
will post them in  a few days.
Today I'm so grateful for the Little Things.
I love grapes. My dad grew grapes and every summer
I would sit around watching television eating the sweet
and delicious grapes.  
I was reading that several grape phytonutrients are now 
believed to play a role in longevity. Since my last birthday
I'm all over longevity. LOL. 
The pomegranate tree has a good crop of fruit this year.
I squeeze the pomegranates and have juice all year long.
Pomegranates juice pack a mighty punch in safeguarding 
our health. Pomegranates contain a unique and powerful
antioxidant called punicalagin. Research has shown the most
 abundant antioxidant provides protection against 
heart disease, cancer, and cognitive impairment.
Heart disease runs in my family and sometimes 
I think I have some cognitive impairment. LOL..
The juice also makes the most beautiful ruby red jelly.
"Of all human activities, apart from the procreation of
children, gardening is the most optimistic and hopeful.
The gardener is by definition one who plans for
and believes and trusts in a future, whether in the
short or the longer term."
SUSAN HILL
from Through the Garden Gate
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to
Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Tuesday Cuppa at Antiques and Tea Cups
Bernideen's BTTCG Blog Party
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at our Home
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Thoughts of Home at Poofing the Pillows
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote - fantastic! Here's another one I love:
    The garden paths were lit by coloured lamps, as is the custom in Italy, and the supper table was laden with candles and flowers, as is the custom in all countries where they understand how to dress a table, which when properly done is the rarest of all luxuries.
    Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...