I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, May 30, 2011

Candy in the Mail!!

Hello Everyone,
Candy in the Mail!!
Many of you may remember Tablescape # 25 HERE. It was about the Chocolate factory 
 Delespaul-Haves Company in France.
I was so curious about how this candy tasted that I ordered some from France.  The package arrived and this is what it looked like. 


The candy is called 'Carambar Caramel' 


There are nine pieces of candy in this package. I eat one. 


The package is tied with blue gift wrap ribbon. No fuss~No Muss.


The part of this candy's story intrigued me the most was what was written on the inside the wrappers.  In 1954 the candy was created because of a malfunction with one of the machines in the candy factory. Until 1961 the inside of the wrappers there were "Carambar points" which could be redeemed for various Carambar-related products.
Then in 1961 the points were replaced by jokes.
and
*I HAD TO SEE THE JOKE*


This is a one of six plates with the name of the Company that started me on my quest to see the inside of a Carambar wrapper and taste the famous candy.


NOW FOR THE JOKE INSIDE THE PIECE I OPENED AND EAT!!!
Question
What planet do we find plenty of bananas?

Response
The planet of Monkey
LOL!!!
My son translated the French with his phone.

I love this post~
Oh!  I just remembered. The candy tastes like a Tootsie roll.

Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner
Please visit real soon.
xo
Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...