I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, January 22, 2015

♥My Favorite Tea Cup♥


Hello everyone, 
This past week the weather has been very dry for January.
 The dining room is so nice and sunny in the early afternoon this time of year. I picked one of my favorite tea cups today.
 This tea cup is very special to me because I am a GRANDMOTHER to six beautiful girls. When I found this  prayer for Grandmothers I knew I had to share it with you.
A Grandmother's Prayer
Dear Lord,  Thank you for sending my husband and me six girls the second time around. Please make the girls strong and healthy. Size 10 will do, thank you.  And see that they play bridge, tennis and the piano-the zither, if they insist.  
And learn to cook and dance and have inquisitive minds and be good citizens. And please, Lord, give them a sense of humor, too. 
A dear friend of mine visited France and brought back a box of tea for me. I love the lavender color printing on the tea bag tag and it matches my tea cup. The french words on the tag are beautiful.  


Beautiful detail inside the cup when I sip my tea.
Lenten Rose, Fern, Ivy and Dutchman's Pipe Vine fill the pastel flowered  vase. 
Lenten Rose
Dutchman's Pipevine
'Queen's' Rosina China Co. Ltd. Made in England
IT'S WONDERFUL TO BE A GRANDMOTHER
I have quite a generational thing going on here today. A Grandmother's tea cup and my great-grandmother's tea spoon. Two lumps of sugar for my french tea. And chocolate under glass...   

Thank you for your wonderful comments.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday 
 The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday 
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday 

The ROSEGARDEN for Showoff Saturday
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Mosaic Monday at Lavender Cottage
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop!

Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday


19 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post this morning. I adore your teacup and the photos are so soft and lovely! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you love that teacup. I love the way you've used it with other special pieces. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty tea cup., love the floral detail inside. The bouquet is so pretty too, the whole setting is beautiful. Made it more extra special with the French tea bag and dainty cakes.

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I collect tea cups and yours is very pretty! Have a beautiful and sunny week, Grandmother!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your china and table setting! Happy Saturday!

    Satu from Finland

    ReplyDelete
  6. Piękna porcelana i wspaniałe zdjęcia - pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tea cup is truly beautiful. I can see why it is your favorite. A very lovely prayer.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betty,
    Your Grandmother Teacup is just gorgeous! I love mauve and have never seen this one before. I will be a grandmother on February 5th (my daughter in law is having a caesarean that day). I am sooo excited and will be looking to buy myself a Grandmother teacup! Lol! Happy Tea Day! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful teacup and beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely tea cup, I love it.. Your images are so pretty, lovely post.. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! I am a grandmother too, but to 3 18-25 year old guys! I wish I'd had a granddaughter to share tea with, but...love the prayer. The teacup is lovely! I love Rosina. Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am envious of your beautiful 'grandmother' teacup but I have other nice things that say 'grandmother' and cherish them. We have 4 granddaughters and 2 grandsons - the girls have all had tea parties with grandma.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Grandmother post is lovely, as is your GM teacup! Very special! I love Dutchmans pipe! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the most lovely Grandmother cup I have EVER seen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Grandmother teacup is a beauty, Betty. What a sweet prayer too. I have one little granddaughter who just turned four but have yet to have tea with her. She lives on the west coast whereas I live on the east coast. But someday I know we will enjoy a tea time together. I have never seen Dutchman's pipe before and you have a lovely arrangement to showcase your pretty tea table. The chocolate under glass looks decadent and I would surely enjoy some with your tea. Thank you for joining me for my Tea Party Anniversary this week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely post. So enjoyed it. A lovely visit that refreshed my spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How thoughtful of your friend to bring you back a tasty souvenir from France!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As a grandmother of 7 granddaughters ( and 4 grandsons ) this is a special post to me. I love the prayer. To have been blessed with children and then to add the blessing of our children having children is beyond measures of happiness. I can tell you really know this. God is so good to have allowed us to be alive to see and know our grandchildren. What better way for our grandchildren to know us than to know how we celebrate with joy life's blessings. Sharing tea-time with others is a part of this. Thank-you !

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a beautiful teacup! I love having a favorite teacup, I have a new one every month! Lol Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...