I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

FEBRUARY GARDEN JOURNAL


Hi everyone, 
I hope you are enjoying the last week of February. I'm starting to record my yearly garden journal on my blog. I didn't take any photos of January, because it was a mess.  February the garden has been cleaned up and the bushes have been pruned.  We hired three high school kids for three hours to help with the clean-up and it really helped my poor old back. I pruned and they loaded the brush in the trailer to haul to the dumps. I  think I've said this before but "I love every month of the year in the garden".  February is amazing with the new growth on the plants and the bulbs poking their leaves out of the ground. 
The daffodils are blooming in the far garden under the plum tree.
The white metal bench is waiting to have a vignette set on it for spring time folly. The grape vine is pruned and the little pots are waiting for some annuals to be planted in a week or two. 
Lambs ear, day lilies, artichoke and my yellow David Austin roses are beginning to show signs of growth. 
Lenten Rose and my praying angel. I love my angel.

Looking towards the pergola in the side yard.
Another grape vine and  roses.
The cuties in the bird bath and a weathered bird house. Daffodils and day lilies are surrounding the bird bath.
Purple Lilac and Butterfly bush against the fence. 
My park bench waiting for someone to sit awhile.
The wild violets I have had in my yard for 47 years. I cannot get them out of my yard. I read that if you plant them in a pot they will die. They just move around my yard from place to place. The yellow daffodils are so sweet. They are a little short variety. 
This sweet angel started my love affair with angels in the garden. 

Thanks for visiting
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to: 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
No Minimalist Here for Show Your Style Thursday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden
Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Thing 
  French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday 
 The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday 
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday 
Dandelion House for Farmhouse Friday Blog Hop

Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday 
The ROSEGARDEN for Showoff Saturday
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Mosaic Monday at Lavender Cottage
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop!
Creative Country Mom for Garden Party Tuesday

9 comments:

  1. Your garden looks really pretty, Betty! I think gardening is really good for the soul, don't you? :) You've captured some pretty shadow shots against your wooden fence. It looks like you're not having nearly as cold a winter as we are here on the east coast. I love your Lenten roses, daffodils, and even the wild violets. We have those in our yard, too; I know they're considered a nuisance, but I do think they're pretty.

    Thanks for sharing your garden pictures with us; I'm dreaming of spring! :)

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden looks so pretty! I can only dream about seeing green! But March is coming and that is getting closer to a time of new groeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is so pretty for February, can't wait to see it in full bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of your beautiful garden as I sit here looking at a blanket of white on top of my own yard. Your daffodils are beautiful! One of my favorite flowers. Thank you so much for sharing at SYS this week and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful spring pictures! I wish it was as much in bloom here as in your garden but I will have to wait another four or more weeks for the daffodils and violets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is absolutely lovely and I am jealous of the signs of spring. We still have a foot of snow and frigid temps. Thank you for linking up at Thursday Favorite Things and hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are fortunate to have spring arrive now, I'll be waiting until mid-April at least in our part of Ontario. A great idea to hire the students, so far my hubby is willing to pick up and haul away all that I prune. My back couldn't take it either!
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are so fortunate to be gardening in Feb. My gardens are under at least four feet of snow and we won't see daffodils till at least mid April. Your beds looks lovely and that bench is so inviting! Wish I could come sit a while... Thanks for sharing the spring beauty with those of us who are starving for some green...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what I wouldn't give to see that! Still mounds of snow here.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...