I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, June 8, 2015

*A Drop in the Bucket*


Hello everyone,
Happy June. The last week of May and the first week of June has been a whirlwind for this couple of old fogies...Sweetheart and I attended our granddaughters piano recital in a rural community at a beautiful performing arts center. We also attended the 8th grade graduation for our other granddaughter went out to dinner three nights in a row and celebrated my birthday. I am proud to say I enjoyed my 74th birthday week. Wow!!!
It feels like a drop in the bucket!
This is the precious gift I received from my daughter and family. I love garden art and this bucket with a crystal drop of water is just perfect. My daughter found this in Ashland OR on a trip a couple of months ago. She knew I would love it and I do.
Every year on my birthday I reflect on what I've done during the past year. 
I have a very active, enjoyable life. I have pretty good health and I love retirement. When I start to think about what I've been doing for the past six months, I think it is just  A Drop in the Bucket.
This post is about some of the fun and work I have been doing the past six months.  

In the bottom of the bucket is a little hole for the rain water to run out.
I have this bucket under the pomegranate tree and while I photographing the bucket the wind was blowing. Of course the temperature was 103 degrees in the shade. Summer is here.
To see more posts for each month visit my 
Blog Archive
May 
The garden was in full bloom.
April 
We updated our Master Bedroom and Living Room 
Work, work, work
March
We celebrated Sweethearts birthday and took a little golf trip with a little tea room for me. I am so blessed.

February
 We celebrated the anniversary of our engagement and beautiful roses were my gift.
January
 I was taking down Christmas decorations and stopped for a fireside dinner with my Friendly Village dishes and my little English tea pot from my grandma. 
As you can see I was a busy old girl. Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner today.
I love your wonderful comments and I wish I had more energy or ambition to post more often, but I do what I can do.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:
Rustic and Refined for Table It Link Party - Sunday 
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Chic By You for Chic By You Wednesday
Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Thing 
No Minimalist Here for Show Your Style Thursday
The ROSEGARDEN for Showoff Saturday 

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow! WHat gorgeous yard art. Love it and I can't believe you are having 103 degrees already..whew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crystal water drop is precious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Betty! Your new garden art is both beautiful and meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday and what a great bucket with the crystal drop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A busy year so far and your daughter chose a lovely gift for your birthday - belated wishes!
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, love the drop in the bucket gift and a quick tour through your year to date. May your month continue to be as blooming good as your roses !
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you! I love the cute bucket, what a nice gift. the crystal water drop is lovely. Have a happy day and week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems you've created a beautiful life. I do like the little drop in a bucket.
    Be blessed and Happy birth month!

    Please drop by and say hello!

    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is ONE big drop of water...I love it! Definitely a great conversation piece! Lovely mosaics and your new bedroom looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, that is a wonderful water drop. Great idea and a wonderful gift. Happy Birthday! Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a stunning idea. I had to take a double look. Please come share this at my party, http://chicbytab.blogspot.ca/2015/06/chic-by-you-wednesday-linky-party-10.html. Hope to see you there.
    Tabatha

    ReplyDelete
  12. The yard art is absolutely the sweetest. love that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous drop in the bucket! Fun post to read about what you've been up to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bucket! Happy birthday. That was a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I HAVE to make one of these for my garden. I have the perfect little spicket. Also, LOVING your table setting, I have a teacup and saucer I found and the goodwill like it and would LOVE to have the set!! Thank you for sharing!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog is so original and inspirational, I love the drop in the bucket

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday! I love your water bucket! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...