I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Hydrangeas Before and After


Hello everyone,
How about those Hydrangeas? I love, love, love hydrangeas. They are continuing to grow and bloom. We have been having a real hot spell and these fun loving plants love their feet cool all the time. When the hot sun beats down on the beautiful blooms I can see the tips of the flowers getting sun burned. I wish they had sun screen for plants. LOL.
I have my angel sitting between them. I hope she can help with the sun god.
This photo is my BEFORE shot.
I think I've come up with a solution to save my poor hydrangeas from the intense sun. I do have the plants in the shade, but for two hours in the late afternoon the sun is shining right on the top of the plants.
So I went to Big Lots and found this beach umbrella for $9.99 and it works beautifully.
AFTER
The pole is long enough to extend higher as the plants grow. They do look better with the shade covering their blooms. 
Thank you little angel for helping with a solution to my problem. 
Here is a pin for you
Thanks for visiting and I hope you are having a great week.
Joyously,
Betty
Rustic and Refined for Table It Link Party - Sunday 
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Chic By You for Chic By You Wednesday
Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Thing 
No Minimalist Here for Show Your Style Thursday
The ROSEGARDEN for Showoff Saturday 


6 comments:

  1. Your hydrangeas are a nice pink colour Betty and I thought at first the petals would just fade from the sun but if they're burning, they do need some help. The inexpensive umbrella was a good idea and the angel watching over the flowers will ensure they put out lots of blooms for your enjoyment.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, The umbrella is a great idea. I enjoyed your hydrangeas. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hydrangeas are beautiful, Betty! The Endless Summer cultivars don't do all that well here. Often they have few or no blooms; so I have removed several and replaced them with 'Incrediball,' 'Invincibelle Spirit,' and 'Pinky Winky,' and 'Limelight.' Such a shame, too, as I enjoyed playing in the soil to change its alkalinity and thus make my pink flowers turn to lavender or blue. I still have one of the Endless Summers left but it had no blooms last year. If it doesn't bloom this year, it too will come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have one...and the sun is burning it up. Maybe, I should try and umbrella. I love hydrangeas...but mine always get parched.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love hydrangeas, too, and I have planted them, but they just too hot and burn up. I may have to try them again. Great idea with the umbrella. Anything to protect them for they are worth it. Coming to you from Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea...love hydrangea!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...