I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Trip to the Coast


Hello everyone, 
I'm back home from a getaway to the coast of Northern California. Sweetheart and I were married in the middle of summer and to celebrate our anniversary this year we wanted to find a cool and quaint place to visit. I think we found the perfect spot. The fabulous mansion above is The Carson House built in 1884-1885 To have a tour of the inside Go Here
Day 1
We drove around old town and over to Woodley Island Marina to have lunch and look at the fishing boats in the harbor. I absolutely love Light Houses and to photograph them is amazing. This is Table Bluff Light House . It's the same Light House in the bottom photo. After dinner we walked down to the dock in Old Town and saw the Light House from the other side of the bay. The sun was setting and the boat's reflection was glistening on the water.  It was so beautiful to see.   

And the sunset was fantastic...
Day 2
We were up early and drove about 15 miles to a beautiful 18 hole gold course. We had a nice breakfast at the course and Sweetheart hit a bucket of golf balls before we started our day. I don't golf but I'm a great ball  watcher or spotter and I love riding in the golf cart. 
The golf course was beautiful and I did catch some ducks in the pond relaxing as the golf balls would sail across the sky to the other side.
After our golf game we took a ride to Camel Back Rock 
The sign tells the story How Camel Rock got its hump! LOL
Stopped to visit The Trinidad Head Light Built in 1871
A very interesting story about the Light House Go Here
Also a memorial for those lost at sea.
Day 3
We had some free time on Friday the day of our anniversary. The Avenue of the Giants in a 31 mile drive thru the most beautiful old growth Redwood Forest in California. I couldn't take photos as beautiful as the two I found on the website. Go Here

After our beautiful ride gazing at the Redwoods, we headed north to have our Anniversary Dinner. I was so excited to celebrate 55 years with the love of my life and also to have dinner with my sister-in-law (my flower girl in my wedding...she was 7 years old) and my brother-in-law. We had a fabulous dinner overlooking Moonstone Beach.
The sun was glowing as it set in the west. 
 And the glow was also in my heart to be healthy and happy on this glorious day.
A Mosaic to pin



I'm so delighted you came to visit today
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:

Rustic and Refined for Table It Link Party - Sunday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 


8 comments:

  1. Hello Betty, first of all let me wish you a belated Anniversary, and over 50 years at that! Wonderful! The Carson Mansion got my attention, I clicked on to the link you provided and boy was that a feast for the eyes!! Loved it!
    Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful get away. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun anniversary vacation. The Northern California coast is such a beautiful area. I was at the Carson Mansion years ago, and they weren't giving tours at the time. I'd love to see the inside of that place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Betsy,
      I have a link in the post to see the inside of the Carson Mansion. Sweetheart and I had a great time and thank you for visiting My Cozy Corner.
      Joyously,
      Betty

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful place you showed us. I am so glad you two had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful photos! we went to muir woods back in april, but i would love to have seen the giant sequoias too. i think they were too far north.
    b

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures! Looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely trip! This is an area I look forward to visiting!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...