I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Carolina Inn Tea Time

Hello everyone,
"Four Ladies Go Traveling" started our vacation having 
tea at Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
When planning our trip, I made reservations at 4:00 o'clock
for afternoon tea.  We checked into our room and when it was time for
 afternoon tea we entered this beautiful sunny room
Here is our table waiting for us to be seated.
The happy travelers enjoying afternoon tea in 
the beautiful tea room at Chapel Hill.
I love chocolate covered strawberries.
Sweet desserts.
Delicious tea sandwiches.
This is my place setting.
I am ready to enjoy tea time.
In the lobby and in the hallways are beautifully decorated 
china hutches and cabinets displaying different China
sets.  
Before it was time for tea, I took a walk about the property of the
Carolina Inn.  Outside of the side area, a large tea party was set up for
an afternoon tea.
They serve world-renowned chocolate chip toffee cookies upon check-in.
The Carolina Inn is a hotel listed on the National Register of Historic Places on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in Orange CountyNorth Carolina, which opened in 1924. The Carolina Inn is a member of Historic Hotels of America, the official program of the National Trust for Historic Preservation. (sourse)
We stayed one night in a luxurious room with two queen beds.
Here we are saying goodbye to Chapel Hill, and starting our road trip
to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, North Carolina.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have enjoyed our afternoon
tea and a tour of the Carolina Inn.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:
Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
Love of Home for Sunday at Home 
Normandy Life for Mosaic Monday
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Tuesday Cuppa at Antiques and Tea Cups
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at our Home
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Thoughts of Home at Poofing the Pillows
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes for Best of the Weekend
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes


12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful Inn, Betty, and Tea was just as beautiful. I know you enjoyed it and the company.
    I love the Biltmore, it's beautiful also. I was there one year for Christmas.
    Have a great trip with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!Wonderful tea time!What a gorgeous teapot!Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat that stop must've been! I will be putting that on my bucket list for our next road trip through the Carolinas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Caroina Inn! I live near Chapel Hill! Glad ypu enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tea room visit looked so wonderful and so fun and good looking treats also
    I have learned to love visiting tea rooms thanks to a new blog friend Bernideen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Betty:
    Now isn't that a sweet comment above from my dear new friend Janice! Your tea adventure looks wonderful. What an elegant and classy place to stay. Isn't it lovely to be pampered sometimes. Thanks for sharing the lovely tea room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tea and place to have a tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty, I should've been there! What a beautiful place to have tea! I'd trade my sweets for some extra sandwiches though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a beautiful place. The food looked lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betty, What a great way to start your trip. I have never done high tea. One day! Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Afternoon tea with girlfriends is one of my all time favourite things, what a beautiful Inn. How lucky are you to go on a roadtrip together!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful place! Elegant surroundings, afternoon tea and best friends! What could be improved!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...