I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, June 15, 2014

How to Build a Greenhouse!


Hello everyone, 
How's your weekend? We're doing good here in Northern California. Our usual temps in June are in the triple digits, but this past week the temps have been in the 80's. It's wonderful. 
In my last post HERE I asked you to guess my birthday gift. 
Yep! You guessed it. I received a greenhouse.
Here is a photo of Sweetheart holding the box the greenhouse was packed in. He's so funny and cute for  72... And he is so handy.
BEFORE
We have wanted to build a greenhouse for years. While visiting Harbor Freight we spotted this nifty greenhouse for a great price. 
Perfectly sized to fit in the backyard, this greenhouse is ideal for the casual gardener or flower enthusiast.
  • Sliding door for easy access

  • Roof vent for climate control

  • Durable, all-weather aluminum frame

  • UV-coated polycarbonate panels for sunlight

  • diffusion 
  • LINK to Harbor Freight

Shipping weight was 81 lbs. 
Sweetheart checked it out and found the directions. 
Accessories included: Hardware and Wrench
Sweetheart decided to use his own wrench
I'm so excited about planting annuals from seed in the greenhouse. I've dreamed of starting some annuals in January, and planting them in early spring.

We installed the greenhouse behind Sweetheart's shop. The door slides closed and the windows on top of the roof  are great for ventilation. Sweetheart built wooden benches for about $20.00 dollars worth of lumber. Also Sweetheart built a redwood foundation for the greenhouse. There is a space next to the door for a potting sink and bench. We are looking for a vintage sink at garage and yard sales. I'll show you that in another post when we get it set-up.
I had to take a few photos inside and love the light the windows reflect. I have my own flower shop. lol 
This is the view from the back. It's 6 feet by 8 feet. Just the right size. 
AFTER
I think a stained glass piece would look nice hanging on the back wall. 
A  Mosaic for a total look
Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner.
I'm really enjoying Summer with my granddaughters. We have some fun activities planned, such as swimming, photographing some posts and our vacation in July.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:
Under the Table and Dreaming for the Sunday Showcase Party
Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
 Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday 
 Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday 
 The Stories of A2Z for Tutorials and Tips Tuesday 
 Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
 My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Tuesday
 Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
  French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday 
 The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday 
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday 

I was not compensated for this post. I'm just really excited about my birthday gift.♥

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful, Betty! I'd love to have a greenhouse, too. :) I agree with you that a piece of stained glass would look great hanging on the back wall. Congratulations on your terrific birthday gift, and have fun using it!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful birthday gift. The benches look great and the flowers are pretty. I love the idea of the stained glass hanging.. Enjoy your new greenhouse.. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally cool! I want one and now I know what to expect! If you haven't yet, pls stop by our Snickerdoodle Sunday sometime (http://2crochethooks.com/snickerdoodle-sunday-with-bobbi-from-3glol/)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift! It looks to be the perfect size too!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...