I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Patio Swing Redo!


Hello all, 
Life is good in Northern California this week. The weather is still cool for the middle of June. I did a little redo to my patio swing before my Garden Tour. Last week I took some photos of My Fern Grotto and my Patio Swing Redo. I have a little bird cage with some little birds and I don't need to buy bird seed. lol 
Last year in my Flower Shop post you can see the original swing cover and a green bed coverlet to cover the seats. 
This spring I found a white bed sheet and two white lace window valances and made a new cover. The white sheet is a wonderful background for photos. The new seat cover is a 9'x12' drop cloth I bought at Walmart for under $10.00 dollars.
Pink print pillow sham  and pastel print pillows give the drop cloth cover a comfortable look. My granddaughters gather in the patio on hot summer evenings and love to cuddle up on the swing. They love how comfy it is to swing and visit each other after a busy day playing at the lake. The evenings usually stay in the low 90's all night. We enjoy ice cream and cookies and talk girl until time for bed. I love being a grandma so much... 
This sweet pillow is the eyelet end of a pillow case. I sewed it up and flipped the eyelet edge over the top of the pillow.
The pink polka dot pillows were on clearance at Tuesday Morning last summer.  
My ferns love their spot for the summer. Shade and water everyday is my secret to have large ferns in a pot. This year I bought a Meyer Lemon tree and planted it in a pot too. 
Ferns are so ethereal, elegant and graceful. I collect different types of ferns. This year I plan to add some new varieties of ferns to my collection.

This fern has been in this pot for a few years. I also have a young tree fern planted in the back of the large fern.
I love sitting in the patio in the cool of  the morning with a cup of coffee watching the breeze blow the fronds to and fro.
This patio spot is another Cozy Corner... 
Thanks for visiting and please come back soon.
I'm linking to some wonderful parties and hope you visit them too.
Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Thing 
  French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday 
 The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday 
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday 

How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Under The Table and Dreaming for Sunday Showcase Party  
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop!
A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful and comfortable swing. I would love taking a nap there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm, this really looks comfy...and very pretty. And, I agree...I'm pretty sure I was put on this planet to be a grandmother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have done with the swing. What a happy cozy place! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful. I love ferns! Thank you for linking with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...