I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, June 22, 2014

June Garden Journal


Hi everyone,
As I write this post, I can't believe it's the first day of summer. At the beginning of this year I decided to record with photos our yard and garden. Last month we had a beautiful Garden Tour. HERE.
This month Sweetheart is busy with his vegetable garden and I'm watching my summer flowers bloom.
We love squash~Green Patty and Zucchini. And we love the yellow squash flowers too. 
As the years go by and Sweetheart ages our garden gets smaller and smaller.  46 years ago our garden covered the complete lawn area. We had two sons and a baby girl to feed. Fresh vegetables, fresh fruit and fresh eggs from our chickens was a way of life in the summers of the 70's for our family.
Now we plant: zucchini, cucumbers, swiss chard, hot peppers and tomatoes. Today, the first day of summer we eat our first ripe tomatoes in a tossed green salad. Delish!!!
Against this fence I have Hollyhocks, a large grape vine and a  Joseph Coat climbing rose all enjoying the summer sun.
The Day Lilies are blooming and I found this gazing ball holder at a yard sale for .50¢. yes~.50¢
Newly planted this year is the Red Flame planted behind the bird house. And the Day Lilies have spread since last year, and if you look closely the Artichock blooms have gone to seed and the beautiful purple flowers are all that's left for this year... This silvery plant is Artemisia. 

The "butterfly bush is blooming so well this year. I trimmed it down and I've noticed a difference in how fast it grew up into a beautiful bush.
Allium are stunning in the garden.

Now on to my favorite part of the garden. Did I just say that? What a statement for a mother to say about her wonderful plants... I can't just love one plant, I love them all. 
But, I do love my grapes. I don't know if I've told you this story, but during the summer between my junior and senior year in high school, I sat and eat just about all my father's wine grapes. When he started to harvest the grapes he said "I sure thought there were more grapes out here than this" Opps. 
Lavender~Yellow Cannas
Lavender 
Lavender and a bee!
Love these Hollyhocks♥

I harvested the lavender and it's drying in a cool and dry place.
Hope you have a wonderful week. I will be back soon with more photos of Lavender and Tea Time.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:
Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
 Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After Monday 
 Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday 
A Stroll thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
 My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Inspire Me Tuesday

A Southern Daydream for Outdoor Wednesday
 Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden
  French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday 
 The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday 
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday 



10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful garden. I can just smell that lavender . There is nothing better than picking your own fresh produce straight from your own garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is stunning and thanks so much for sharing all those beautiful pictures that you took.
    I also stopped over on your garden tour post. What a fun event and everything looked so good.
    Have a great Summer.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is beautiful, so many pretty flowers and the veggie garden looks wonderful.. I love the scent of lavender. Enjoy your blooms and have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello ..., pretty shots from your garden! The lavender and hollyhocks are beautiful. And I love the butterfly flower! My will probably bloom in about two weeks.
    Lovely post, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning garden tour....just stunning! And I know how you feel...saying one plant is your favorite is like saying a mom has a favorite kid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely beautiful garden. I love that you include statuary amongst the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love all the vibrant colors of your garden and I'm jealous that you can get lavender to grow. What kind of soil do you place it in? Thank you for giving us a tour.

    Moments Divine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden is just amazing. I love all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden looks absolutely marvelous! I do love Hollyhocks! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your hollyhock! It is all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...