I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Dreaming of England and Fall Tea



Hello everyone,
Sitting here, writing this post, I'm listening to the rain coming down outside. Its been a long time since I've heard rain hitting the ground and the smell of the sweet clean air... A cup of tea always brings back wonderful memories of my fabulous trip to England in 2011.  With the Fall season just getting under way, I wanted to set a little fall vignette in the dining room with some things that remind me of the beautiful fall days ahead. 
A round wicker basket to hold a little pumpkin. The wooden bowl is an individual salad bowl. And the Pomegranates from our tree are growing bigger each day. These three babies in the bowl are a sample of the amazing fruit we enjoy each fall. The Sedum is Autumn Joy and is by far the most popular of the Sedum. A familiar sight when it begins to produce green broccoli-like buds in mid-summer, which gradually open into enormous dusty-pink flower heads. And finally deepening into a rich bronzy-red color.
I've been baking some wonderful pear desserts this past month. HERE for Pear Tart and this Pear Tea Cup is so perfect for a Fall Tea time. 
A little French Rooster is keeping a careful watch. 

I love England and when I found this book in the travel section at Barnes and Noble I had to buy it. What a joy to read. Susan took me on a journey to the English Countryside with drawings, quotes, GARDENS and adventures galore...Thank you Susan.
This book is my new travel guide for my next trip to England. 

While walking the streets of London, my friends and I stopped in the Twinings Tea store. I love drinking any kind of Twinings tea. The spoon I found at the antique store last week. I found seven spoons. The other six spoons will be attached to my lavender bath salts I sell at our church Harvest Bazaar in November. 
Royal Albert Covent Garden Series tea cup and saucer.
Thanks for visiting and join me as I join some fun linky parties.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend
Joyously,
Betty 
Linking to:
Under The Table and Dreaming for Sunday Showcase Party 
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop!
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

24 comments:

  1. A sweet post and I love all You showed Us.The book is one of My faves too.Enjoy Fall-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favorite books too! My sisters and I are planning a trip to England in 2016. We lived there as children for a year and want to go back and visit our old school, house, etc. But our main focus is going to be following the path Susan Branch took to Hilltop Farm. And visiting the home of another of our favorite authors, Jane Austen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cup, it's so delicate and colourful. I always gets my dishes with fruits on them out at this time of the year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a terrific book..especially as it mirrored almost exactly several of our own trip to England from the Queen Mary 2 on. Absolutely loved it! And I love your Covent Garden teacup! Such a perfect fall pattern. Your photos are lovely! Thanks so much for linkimg to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, what a beautiful cup and saucer. I just noticed that I accidentally posted to you on Cindy's page earlier. I love china!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had hand surgery on my right hand so can’t type very easily but wanted you to know I enjoyed your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to be able to grow pomegranates! We visited England one Sept also and have fond memories of the tea times after driving through the countryside. Our British relatives always stop for tea on an outing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your tea basket arrangement. I just replenished my tea supply last week. One of my sedum Autumn Joy has put on a show this year, but the other one is really pitiful. Guess I'll be moving that one this year. Thanks for a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Betty,
    Several ladies have been talking about that book. I'm going to have to look for it at the book store. Love your RA Pears teacup. RA makes such pretty cups and saucers, don't they? I always enjoyed listening to my uncle {from England} telling his stories about growing up there. He likes his tea time too in the afternoon. As always, it is a pleasure to have you join me for tea. Thanks for sharing and Happy Autumn!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just had hand surgery on my right hand so can’t type very easily but wanted you to know I enjoyed your post today. Susan Branch is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. very pretty teacup, and how nice to have pomegranates. I have been to England twice, but it was years ago. I would love to go again. I've enjoyed Susan Branch's book too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi: Love that cute tea cup. So very pretty and perfect for fall tea. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a charming tea cup for autumn. The pears are just about perfect here in Wisconsin. Autumn is not just for apples and pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a sweet and charming little vignette, Betty! I'm more of a coffee drinker, but when the weather begins to cool (hopefully soon), I am drawn to the simple ceremony of making a pot of tea and sipping it from a special teacup. I have a few very sweet teacups and saucers and a few delicate little teapots that had belonged to my MIL, so they are extra special to me. Your bowl of pomegranates seems to be such a perfect addition to your vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post! It makes me want to sit and have a cup of tea, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your post. Beautiful setting.
    Lots of blessings from South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  17. That teacup is gorgeous! I so would love to read that book. I have been looking for it at the library.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  18. The teacup is indeed perfect for Fall! Your entire vignette is so pretty. I have not been to England, but hope to some day. Would love that book as well! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY...wonderful having you!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your pictures are so pretty! Do you read Susan Branch's blog? She does the most precious posts ever that make me feel like I'm transformed to a simpler place and time. I love her house and her olden kitchen. I gave that book to my mom for her birthday but maybe I need it for myself too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...