I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Easy Caramel Corn


Hello everyone,
Oh my goodness, I can't believe October is almost over. Next week is Halloween and I have a wonderful treat. 
EASY CARAMEL CORN
Printable recipe
courtesy of Pat W.
Microwave 2 packages of white microwave popcorn
In large deep pot
 melt together
2/3 cup butter
1 1/4 sugar - White or brown - or mixed
2/3 cup of dark corn syrup 
Cook for 5 minutes
add
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Stir foaming mixture and add hot mixture to 
popped popcorn in a big brown grocery bag
Shake well
Mixed Nuts can be added at this time
Microwave the bag of popcorn for 1 minute, remove and shake
Do this procedure 2 more times.
Total 3 times
Spread hot popcorn on large cookie sheet and separate
with a fork for 5 minutes until cool
Delicious!
**********************************
I am the photographer and Sweetheart is mixing the ingredients...So some photos are a little blurry. LOL 
Cooking the sugar coating
Popcorn in the brown paper bag
Pouring the coating into the brown paper bag
Brown paper bag
After 3 minutes in the microwave
Separating caramel corn with a spoon...
I'm sure you will love this recipe and enjoy the Caramel Corn on many festive days. Thanksgiving and Super Bowl are a few occasions we have made this delicious treat.
Joyously,
Betty 
Linking:
Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday
Dandelion House for Farmhouse Friday Blog Hop
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell
 The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday  
  A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop!
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. Oh AWESOME!

    I love this - gotta make some soon- what a perfect snack, yum yum yum!

    Thanks for sharing - and also to Pat W.!!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good, just have to remember to ask for a paper bag at the grocery next time I go!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...