I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

St. Pat's Tea Time


Hello everyone,
Thursday is St. Patrick's Day. I love to celebrate St. Pat's day,
because 52 years ago I had my second son on the 16th of March, 
I was in the hospital on St. Patrick's Day enjoying green jello.
He is the most wonderful son and he is amazing
today...52 years later.
Lucky Me.
I love Forsythia. I have planted a shrub, but it will be a few years
before it is large enough to cut long stems to bring into the house.
My green depression glass cup and saucer are
perfect for this holiday tablescape.
Sea foam green napkin ring with my handmade white napkins
and green napkins add to the different shades green on my tea table.
While shopping at Tuesday Morning last Sunday,
I purchased these cabbage leaf bowls. The plates are
from the Martha Stewart collection from years ago.
The vintage flatware is from my great-grandmother's
collection. The spoons have her monogram on the handle.
Red velvet cupcakes are ready for my granddaughters 
to consume after school this week. 
Vintage L.E. Smith moon and stars is used for my vase.
We can never have to much 'Good Luck' can we?
More shamrocks...

A mosaic to pin


Hope you have a Happy Saint Patrick's Day celebration.
We are going to have corned beef and cabbage dinner
on Thursday evening and plenty of leftovers. 
See you soon.
Joyously,
Betty 

Linking to 
Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Cuisine Kathleen for St. Patrick's Blog Crawl
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes

16 comments:

  1. Such a lovely table Betty! You did a great job with your green design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking this beautiful posting! I am "green" with envy over this table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Irish tablescape. Happy St. Paddy's Day, Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, you have set a wonderful St Patrick's Day table! I love all the green and the cute teapot. The green glass teacup is nice too. I do adore green. Happy St Patrick's Day!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, You have such a good reason to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with that happy memory. Good luck with your forsythia! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is beautiful, love the forsythia in the moon & stars jar, and the sweet teapot. Lovely for St. Patricks Day! I gasped when I saw all those gorgeous teacups! Need fo read more here. :)

    Visiting from the crawl and following.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty! Stopping by to enjoy your beautiful St Patrick's Day table! And, how pretty it is! Bright and so spring like with the gorgeous forsythia. Those velvet frosted cupcakes will be so fun for your grandchildren :) They are lucky for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything is so pretty! I am loving all the pretty shades of green on your Saint Patrick's Day table setting. The green coffee cups and saucers catch and reflect the light beautifully. I am visiting from Kathleen's crawl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Betty,
    HaPpY BiRtHdAy to your Son, dear friend!
    I adore your St. Patrick's Day Tea setting!
    LOVE the green depression glass cups and saucers!
    Your small green cabbage leaf bowls are adorable!
    Perfect for a CeLeBrAtIoN!
    HaPpY St. PaTrIcK's DaY!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love your St. Paddy's Day setting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love your St. Paddy's Day setting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Betty, your table is so pretty and so green! I love the color green! Happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Betty, you have set a beautiful St. Pat's table. I love all the green. I didn't know that MS had a line of cabbage dishes...I have a huge collection of BP dishes.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of your lovely green, and that teapot is so pretty! Visiting you from Cuisine Kathleen.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Betty! So nice to see your pretty setting! The green glass is stunning. I snipped some forsythia and forced it, love the bright color while waiting for snow Sunday! Thanks so much for joining in the SPD blog crawl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...