I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Tasha Tudor Tea Time

Hello everyone,
I am writing this post in the afternoon of Easter Sunday.
This morning I attended a beautiful Easter Sunday service 
and after church we had a lovely brunch with 
our family. It's now the late afternoon on 
Easter Sunday, and I am writing this post 
about a most interesting women, Tasha Tudor. 
A beautiful tea cup and saucer and daffodils.
Come into my guest room, and my retreat...
I have been fascinated by Tasha Tudor for years. 
While shopping at a small church thrift store
I asked the clerk if they had any Tasha Tudor 
garden books? She said " I might have
something in the storage shed" and she left 
to look in the shed.  In about five minutes
she brought back this book. I said "how much?"
She said, "one dollar" and I said "I'll take it."
Now I own my first Tasha Tudor book.
'DRAWN FROM NEW ENGLAND'
Tasha Tudor
A Portrait In Words and Pictures 
By Bethany Tudor
'Royal Grafton'
A sweet hankie from my mother's collection.
These words are on the back cover.
Here, is a brief but charming text and a wealth of pictures,
is the life story of Tasha Tudor, an artist whose life and work
are interwoven to form a pattern of living that is itself a 
work of art. Bethany Tudor has written a warm and
loving biography of her mother that provides
the reader with firm and joyous evidence that
dreams can and do come true.
The daffodils are blooming in the garden.
A good read, cup of tea and beautiful flowers,
it just doesn't get any better than this.
This year I would like to find more tea cups with the beautiful 
solid color on the outside and beautiful inside.

If one advances 
confidently in the direction 
of his dreams, and endeavors to live
the life which he has imagined, he will meet
with a success unexpected in common hours.
(Henry David Thoreau)
A mosaic to pin


It is now early evening and I have enjoyed sharing with you
my love of books, tea cups and flowers.
Thank you so much for visiting.
Joyously,
Betty 
Linking to
Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Tuesday Cuppa at Antiques and Tea Cups
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Thoughts of Home at Poofing the Pillows
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes

29 comments:

  1. I also love Tasha Tudor and have collected quite a few of her books purchased at estate sales and thrift stores. It's amazing just how many books she wrote and illustrated. But the best thing was getting to tour her home last Fall. I wanted to slowly savor each room, but had to keep moving with the group. It was magical!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a tea party. I love all things Tasha Tudor. I have several of her books and love to look through them from time to time. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admit, sadly I have never heard of Tasha Tudor, but now I am intrigued! I am going to have to find her books. I love the special little vignette you did, your tea set is exquisite. Such a soft color palette, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Betty:
    I always enjoy any post about Tasha and have many of her books. I have a circle of friends who adore her as well. I sold her books for years so I got spoiled but I don't have yours. Linda from "Lady Linda" blog is a real fan and went to the museum. I had another customer years back who visited her home. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love Tasha and her simple yet sooo beautiful life style and her drawings are soo wonderful--thanks for reminding me about her-
    Happy Spring-
    love and laughter, di

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful display and post....I fell in love with Tasha Tudor as a teacher when I discovered her children's books.

    Donna@GardensEyeView
    and LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely vignette for Spring, I love all the cheerful yellow, and your retreat looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful teacup, lovely vignette. And I love Tasha Tudor! I have many of her books, including this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful. I love it! The colors are so cheery. :) - Jerusha, ThePositiveYear.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your teacup ... and I have the exact same one! It's a beautiful teacup for these early spring days. Isn't Tasha Tudor an amazing individual. I have a couple of her books (one about her house, and one about her gardens). I really enjoy pouring over the beautiful photos of her in her home & gardens. It would have been wonderful to have met her in person. That's a lovely bedroom retreat you have for your afternoon tea and read ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your teacup is lovely, Betty. I have one Tasha Tudor book which I won in a giveaway years ago. Charming and filled with wonderful pictures and stories. I have daffodils in my vase this week too however mine came from the grocery store. There are no daffodils or tulips growing here at the moment. Soon though. Thank you for sharing with us and your Easter Sunday sounds lovely.

    Blessings
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've piqued my interest in Tasha Tudor! I'm also loving your butter yellow teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Tasha Tudor as well. Your buttercup tea cup is so pretty. I am sharing one today as well. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful and romantic! Who wouldn't like to be your guest in such a lovely room :))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Betty, Great to find a book you wanted. Great memory of the woman at the sale. Love the daffodils inside the cup. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was introduced to Tasha Tudor several years ago buy a dear friend and a visit to the Indianapolis Museum of Art. They were having an exhibition of her art. Then just two years ago I received a cookbook with recipes of hers in it. This post is just a delight! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful tribute to Tasha Tudor, a remarkable woman. Lovely tea cup too!!
    Thanks so much for visiting!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too am a fan of Tasha Tudor, the life she lived, her books, her animals and how she celebrated Christmas.....truly remarkable woman.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Betty, what a beautiful tribute to Tasha Tudor. I saw a photo of her the other day on Tumblr--she was in her garden, petting one of her cats. Whenever I think of TTudor, the sun shines a little brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful photos of gorgeous settings! Thank you so much for the inspiration and for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. Hope to connect with you again next week at the hop! Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so, so pretty! Everything just fits in so well; the book, your cozy room (I'd love to curl up with a book in that spot!), the yellow tea cup and the daffodils. . .so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Betty, what a lovely room and tea tray setup! Would love to look through your new book while drinking a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful way to spend an afternoon! Your tea tray is lovely as is your guest room. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the book. I agree, the tea cup is very beautiful. Daffodils are like sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful share! HPS! I love anything to do with tea and the daffodil tea cup and your mother's hankie are so priceless and perfect treasures. A delightful post! I am new following you here. Have a wonderful weekend and please stop by some time soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Betty- Tasha Tudor is one of my all time favorite people! I want to be like her! Actually, whenever I am gardening I think about her- what a treasue she was, and what a treasure you found in that shop! And only a dollar! Your post was so charming, HPS! Sparkly Hugs,
    Tobi and the Pixies

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a pleasant afternoon in your lovely guest room. I so enjoyed reading this information on Tasha Tudor and your beautiful photos and quotes.
    A joy to visit you and we all thank you for joining us at Thoughts Of Home On Thursday.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, I am a fan of Tasha Tudor! Love it! Thanks for sharing at HSH!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...