I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

My Visit to the Biltmore Estate

Hello everyone,
In May I took a vacation to North Carolina.
HEREHERE and HERE are highlights of 
my travels.
The glassed roof CONSERVATORY is the first room on the tour.
George Vanderbilt created Biltmore over a six-year period.
Architect Richard Morris Hund modeled the house on three
chateaux built in 16th century France. It would
feature four acres of floor space. 250 rooms, 34
bedrooms, 43 bathrooms, and 65 fireplaces. 
BANQUET HALL
I stayed on the Biltmore property for three days and toured the Estate
and Gardens. During our stay, the Biltmore premiered a new exhibit
Designed for Drama
Fashion from the Classics
MUSIC ROOM
Costumes from 13 movies are dramatically staged in the magnificent
rooms of Biltmore House.  The exhibition features elaborate costumes
from recent films that bring literary characters to life, including
Sherlock Holmes, Finding Neverland, Anna Karenina, and 
Pride and Prejudice.
BILLARD ROOM
SMOKING ROOM
BREAKFAST ROOM
LIBRARY
GEORGE VANDERBIlT'S BEDROOM

MRS VANDERBILT'S BEDROOM

SERVANT'S BEDROOM
KITCHEN
I love the copper pots and the kitchen that reminds me of
my very favorite television series.
DOWNTON ABBEY

FLORAL ROOM
LAUNDRY ROOM

IRONING LARGE LINENS
SWIMMING POOL
What a wonderful visit to the most incredible historic home.
I have a post about the beautiful gardens in the process. I 
hope to publish soon. 
Joyously,
Betty 
Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
Love of Home for Sunday at Home 
Normandy Life for Mosaic Monday
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Tuesday Cuppa at Antiques and Tea Cups
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at our Home
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Thoughts of Home at Poofing the Pillows
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes for Best of the Weekend
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes 

7 comments:

  1. You took wonderful photos--thanks for the tour and history-
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderfully interesting place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tour. What an amazing historic site. I was surprised at how large the servants room was, much larger than I expected it would have been and I could just imagine the hubbub in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good afternoon Betty, I thoroughly enjoyed your tour. The rooms are so sumptuous, well apart from the servants quarters. I loved Mrs Vanderbilt's bedroom, the colours were gorgeous. I can imagine how busy the kitchen would have been, with everyone tooing and froing to get the meals out on time.
    I am really looking forward to seeing the gardens, because I am a keen gardener and its amazing how many hints and tips we can glean from a large garden which then can be incorporated into our smaller gardens. In fact I am just going outside to dig another border when i have finished writing to you.
    Have a lovely Sunday.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the addition of the period costumes! We've toured other Vanderbilt homes in Newport and this house has been on my list for a while now. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fascinating. I have seen others post but, they didn't get photos. Great tour! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I love the Biltmore...what a fantastic property. I would love one day to tour, especially during Christmas. That library is just incredible, LOVE it! Thank you for sharing your tour!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...