I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, December 21, 2014

St. Thomas Kneeler

Hello everyone,
I have been doing some needlework again. This kneeler is #2 in a series I have finished. This kneeler is dedicated to my eldest son. In the early seventies he was an acolyte performing ceremonial duties such as lighting altar candles and assisting the celebrant in the performance of liturgical rites.   
Our son is named after his father Thomas, but not a Junior.  Our son's middle name is the same as both of his grandfathers. I think it's very interesting how parents decide what to name their children. There is always a story... 
The Apostle St. Thomas 
Four new kneelers were dedicated on December 14th. 
Four more kneelers are in the process of being completed and will be dedicated after the Christmas season is over.




St Thomas is the patron saint of Craftsmen, such as Architects, Carpenters, Masons, Geometricians and Theologians. The symbol on the kneeler is a builder's square. 
What I find interesting is to know my son has been a  General Contractor for more than 20 years. He is very talented and loves his work♥
Today I decorated the church's alter for Christmas with poinsettias and prepared the church alter in red for the Feast of St. Thomas being celebrated on Monday December 22nd. Each year the feast is celebrated on the 21st of December, but this year the feast fell on the fourth Sunday of Advent. The Christmas color will be white until January 5th.   To see the other kneelers Go HERE
St. Luke's Anglican Church
December 21, 2014.
Thanks for visiting.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas
Linking to
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop!
A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...