I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Cozy's Guest Bedroom


Hi everyone,
It's overcast today. We've had some beautiful weather for February, but since it's going to be Spring on Friday...now the weather will turn cold. How's your weekend going? Last week Sweetheart and I took a mini vacation to celebrate ♥ a birthday. ( He turned 73 on March 10, 2015.)
Before we left on our trip I took some photos of our guest bedroom. I posted a close-up of my new tea set. HERE and now I want to share with you my cozy guest bedroom. A little bit of vintage and a little bit of cozy and comfy.
The queen size bed has the best mattress and a heated mattress pad. The lace edged sheets and pillow cases are snowy white. The patchwork quilt and shams I bought at Tuesday Morning.  I have a small vintage tea cart I use as the night stand.  A little glass lamp to read a favorite book. Soft towels and guest soaps in my mama's vintage basket. I have my mink hat in the round box. I think I bought the hat in the early 60's to wear to church on Sunday. Nobody wears hats to church much anymore. I sometimes wear it in the winter when the wind is blowing. I love my MINK HAT.
Slippers to put on after a day of seeing the sights. 
My mama's statue of Our Lady of Fatima and my daddy's rosary in the glass dish sitting on top of the tea cart. 
My vintage hats to wear to tea rooms. 
A little vintage dress I found at the thrift store.
Remember this tea set from HERE?
I was surprised when I saw this photo of my tea set on my guest bed. Two tea sets. Gosh! I just love this. 
My vintage dresser with the teddy bear my mom and dad gave me for my first Christmas on December 25,1941. 
My mama's rosary and the dressing table mirror, brush, comb and jewelry box were a gift from my Sweetheart on our first married Christmas, December 25, 1960.

Hope you've enjoyed your visit to my Cozy Guest Bedroom. 
This week I will be editing my vacation photos to share with you. See you soon.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:
Rustic and Refined for Table It Link Party - Sunday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Mosaic Monday at Lavender Cottage
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Cedar Hill Ranch for The Scoop!

13 comments:

  1. What a pretty room... your guests won't want to leave. I love that it has so many things with special meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, who wouldn't love to stay for a nice long visit in such a wonderful guest bedroom? I love all your antiques and pretty touches. (and you know I just totally adore your
    pretty tea sets!)

    I ♥ your momma's Our Lady of Fatima statue.........my older sister went there years ago on a Pilgrimmage, so I have learned so much about that amazing story since.

    I also have my parents rosaries too. It just keeps them close emotionally, though they've been gone for 21 and 15 years now.

    I hope that your hubs had a very happy birthday! And pray that he has many many more happy and healthy birthdays to come!



    ReplyDelete
  3. What a charming room, Betty. I do love your tea tray and the tea cart! A sweet idea to use it as a night table. The vintage dress is adorable. Many lovely things for your guests to enjoy. Thanks for sharing and coming to tea. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable bedroom...love the shots of the tea set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect guestroom: warm and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely guest room. How clever of you to use a tea table as night stand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've made your guest room very cozy and inviting. I often think about women not wearing hats to church anymore myself and would love to suggest to our parish that we make a specific Sunday a month 'hat day'. Probably only the grannies would be in favour. :-)
    Thanks for linking to MM Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful room to share with your guests! My favorite is your red transferware tea set. My hubby and i took a January birthday trip to Florida for my birthday for it was a special one1 Hope you had a great trip! Have a lovely week!

    Thanks,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a very beautiful moon. I love the red transferrer you shared today. Your bed looks amazing. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely guest room with so many sweet touches!
    I would love for you to stop by my blog and join our Something to Talk About link party!
    Have a great day!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty guestroom! I'm sure anyone would feel comfortable there, surrounded by all your beautiful decor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely charming guest room. Can I make a reservation? lol Any visitor would be happy there...

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...