I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Plates for All Seasons


Hello everyone,
Summer is in full swing.  Since the first of 2015 I have decorated my mantel with plates.  Dinner plates, salad plates, dessert plates and decorative plates.  I've found plates are just not for serving food. 
I found these colorful plates at Barnes and Noble.  The set of four salad plates were perfect for a Tea Time tablescape, but two plates would look great on my summer mantel.  The plates reminded me of the mid-summer blooms in the garden.
The gentle watercolor painted flowers are soft flowing and romantic.
I added black candle holders to match the plate holders. 
I found the wall hanger for my faux boxwood at the thrift store. 
I was thinking I would the wall hanger on the front door this fall..

During the Spring months I places these adorable green, black and white dessert plates with black and white time on a square white plate for the background. 
I enjoyed this mantel this spring. I used my square boxwood wreath with a burlap bow and boxwood in green vases. A cute bird to accent the time of spring. And to accent the birds on the dessert plates. Brass candle holders with glass hurricanes and green candles. This arrangement and color combination goes so well with our brick fireplace.
A little closer look
Well, we have come to the beginning of 2015. After I packed away the Christmas decorations I had my plan for the PLATES OF ALL SEASONS,
I started with my boxwood wreath and a red ribbon. I had a set of four valentine plates that I knew would look great with the cute valentine banner I made. 
The felt heart banner was made from Christmas ornaments  I found after Christmas on sale at Macy's...Red Cyclamen plants add to the texture of the mantel.

A mosaic to pin

Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
No Minimalist Here for Show Your Style Thursday

2 comments:

  1. Your plates are beautiful, and I love how you use them for decorating more than just the table. I love the felt banner as well...I've enjoyed decorating with various banners like that, both store bought, but mostly homemade ones, throughout the seasons. They are such an easy way to change the look of your decor on a mantel as well as throughout the house.
    Dorene @ Seasonal Chapters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty looks you have with the changing of the plates. Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...