I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Old Fashioned Apple Crisp


Hello everyone, 
I promised Apple Crisp in my Apple dishes and here it is...A few days ago I posted
 'Apple Tea Time' Go Here
Yum!! I warmed the Apple Crisp in the microwave and put some whipped cream on top. So good♥
My 'First Love' silverware with the harp shaped fork tines.
The hydrangeas are so colorful...
I found this tea towel at the thrift store. Apple Crisp is kind of  like Apple Pie, but without the crust.
The dishes are a clear glass button salad plate, yellow salad plate from the Dollar Tree and a glass apple dessert dish from Tuesday Morning.
PRINTABLE RECIPE Go Here

Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
or Apple Crumble
Place in greased 8" square pan...
4 cups sliced, pared, cored baking apples (about 4 med.)
Blend until crumbly; then spread over apples...
2/3 cup to 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup sifted flour
12 cup rolled oats
34 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/3 cup soft butter
Bake until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with whipped cream.
TEMPERATURE: 375 degrees (quick mod. oven).
TIME: Bake 30 35 min.
AMOUNT: 6 to 8 servings.
(I use more butter in this recipe)
This recipe is adapted from Betty Crocker Cookbook 
1956 edition


A mosaic to pin


Thank you so much for visiting me today. I love to cook desserts. I hope you enjoy the photos and the dessert.
Linking to
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
Katherine's Corner for Thursday Favorite Thing 
No Minimalist Here for Show Your Style Thursday
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes 

4 comments:

  1. So pretty and your Apple Crisp looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and your Apple Crisp looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very tempting dish. I would enjoy it very much since someone else made it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...