I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Scottish Tea Cozy


Hello everyone,
Wow, these weeks just fly by. While sweetheart and I were on our trip to the coast I found a wonderful shop in old town Eureka. The shop sells beautiful clothes from Scotland and Ireland and other specialty items. I was so excited when I spotted this adorable tea cozy. I love going on trips and finding  wonderful things that I can enjoy long after our trips are just a memory.
I also found a tea towel with four different symbols representing Scotland's heritage.
The Lion Rampant is referred to as the 'Royal Flag of Scotland'
I set the tea table with some shortbread, fruitcake and raspberry filled cookies from Tuesday Morning. 
Celtic Cross
A Scottish tea cup
My Thistle tea cup is such a traditional symbol of Scotland
The Thistle is the National Emblem of Scotland
T
The bagpiper of Scotland
I picked my zinnias and blue delphinium for this bouquet.
I love my flowers...Even when the weather is so hot outside you could fry and egg on the sidewalk the little darlings just keep blooming. I think this photo looks like a watercolor.

The white tea cozy is made of wool and the pom-pom on top reminds me of the pom-pom on the top of my Scottish tam. The beautiful cable design is amazing.
A mosaic to pin


Thanks for visiting today. I hope you have a wonderful week.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:
Rustic and Refined for Table It Link Party - Sunday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Betty: You are so right, your table all looks like a water color painting. It is just beautiful. Love the tea cozy. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much~I had an e-mail regarding ads popping up. So sorry if this happens to anyone.
      Joyously,
      Betty

      Delete
  2. Well I am ready to go to Scotland. Your table and china were just great. Come visit my blog and look around.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty, I love your tea cozy! I haven't seen one as unique. Love the pom-pom. Your Scottish teacup is lovely and so are your treats and tea towel. What a pretty bouquet too. Lovely posting and thank you for sharing it at my little tea party.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post. Beautiful tea cozy. I would love to have the pattern. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a Scottish store in the outlet mall near us but so far no tea cozies and this one is sweet.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O my your tea cozy is so lovely.. My grandmother was born in Scotland I only knew here till I was 8 I believe then she left to rest in peace.. I wish I had had more time with her .. love the flowers.. Everything is just lovely thank you with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tablescape is amazing, but I have to say I am coveting the tea cozy! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! We used to holiday yearly in Eureka at the Gingerbread Mansion as we knew the owner! Love your Aran tea cozy and the tea towel is wonderful. The teacups are gorgeous and your tea setting is just perfect! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. The tea cozy looks really cozy indeed. It's lovely. It makes me think of those cold winter nights with tea by the fire. Warm and comfortable :-)
    Under The Tea Tree

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely tea party. The tea cozy is so nice and somehow make me long for winter (?)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tea cozy is VERY cool.
    I hope you'll come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/08/double-play-on-way.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I recently saw that Scottish Thistle pattern while out antiquing. What great items you shared and I love Afternoon tea trays. These are lovely photos of everything! I am so glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a special treat it has been for me to visit you today : )
    Your Scottish tablesetting is so very lovely! Thistle tea cups are wonderful and I hope to happen upon one some day.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful tea, love the cozie! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...