I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Cloche Love


Hello everyone,
Well, it's all about the weather in California. The hot weather and this week all the smoke from the forest fires causing smoky skies and bad breathing air. This week I was going to work in the garden and photograph my monthly garden journal, but I played in the house instead cleaning cupboards and counters.
I have fall fever...
I don't know if there is such a thing as fall fever, but I've got it.
I've had my little vignette on the sofa table for awhile and I going to change it up next week. But, before I put my bird away I wanted to share my cloche love with you.
We have owned our James Peter Cost lithograph for over 40 years. I purchased the art at his gallery in Carmel-by-the-sea. Sweetheart and I are sweet on our feathered friends.
My little rocker was a gift from my sweetheart. When I came home from the hospital with our first son I walked into our apartment and there it was, May 12th 1961. I used this little rocking chair to rock all my babies to sleep at night. Now my youngest baby is 45 years old. I made the little bird pillow with a iron on transfer and some drop cloth fabric. 
The feather candlestick holders I found at Tuesday Morning in the spring. I also bought the candles at the same time. The candles are artificial battery operated. I don't use real candles anymore. I'm so afraid of forgetting a burning candle. 
Cloche Love♥
A Mosaic to Pin

Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner
Linking to
Rustic and Refined for Table It Link Party - Sunday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 

4 comments:

  1. I love that rocker! (And the cloche.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pretty things that you've shared and the wonderful stories that go along with them! For some reason, I too am catching "fall fever" earlier than normal this year. I'm chomping at the bit to bring out the beautiful autumn colors and display them around our home. I'm also just biding my time until I can light my "pumpkin spice candles" and drink a pumpkin spice latte'. If you can't tell, I LOVE "pumpkin spice season!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cloche is gorgeous, there is something that happens when you put trinkets inside them. It realy amps it up.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, I'm so glad I discovered you from The Scoop. I also have a blog, and I'm retired. I'm so happy to meet up with someone else who's retired. I have cloche love, also! I hope to keep in touch with you.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...