I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Santorini, Greek Islands


Oh, The Places I've Been
I truly loved this island.
Thanks for joining me on my journey.
Santorini.  The postcard island of the Greek islands.  We arrived in Santorini on Saturday, July 31, 2010.  The harbor on this island was created by a volcano in 1500 BC., and the effect is still explosive: steep cliffs rise from sea level, cubist white houses glow in the Aegean sun.


Our panoramic tour of Santorini started with the first stop at the Profitis Ilias (Prophet Elias) Mountain, offering the best views on the whole island.  Descending the mountain we stopped on the way to Oia Village to visit a winery.  We had the opportunity to see how the wine is made from the unique Santorini grapevines.  The drive to Oia definitely acquainted us the the inspiring volcanic nature of the island: and the views from various different angles were quite spectacular.  The picturesque town features blue-domed churches, old two-story mansions, and narrow cobblestone streets lined with tiny shops selling hand made ceramics, paintings and semi precious jewelry.  The little town was an ideal location to capture the beauty of this remarkable island.  Transportation to the top of the mountain is cable car, riding a donkey up the hill or taking a motor coach as we did. Personally, I liked riding in the air-conditioned coach.

Santorini was our last port of call in the beautiful country of Greece.  What a wonderful experience to visit a beautiful place with blue water and white houses lining the top of the mountain.

I Hope you have enjoyed your visit to My Cozy Corner. 
I always enjoy sharing a my experiences with you.
Please leave a comment and I would love it if you would join as a follower.

I am joining Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.  Please link back to Mosaic Monday at Mary's house for more mosaic fun.
Linking to:
Oh, The Places I've Been @ The Tablescaper
xoxo
Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...