I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

HIGHT TEA WITH A FRENCH FLAIR

High Tea with a French Flair

I found this wonderful flower container at a yard sale and combining flowers with the amazing Pink Camellias from my Camellia tree I created a wonderful centerpiece for High Tea with a French Flair.




I have had this Camellia tree for over 35 years.  The color and blossoms are so fantastic.





I have a jet-black tablecloth on the table and the geometric patterned napkins are gathered up with shiny silver rings. To add a French flair to my traditional tablescape.


My vintage China 'Rhythm' and 'First Love' which is a traditional pattern of silverware and champagne glasses give High Tea a French Flair. The five piece silver tea service is a recent find at a thrift shop. It is Wilcox 'American Rose' pattern. And I have wanted a tea set for 50 years.


A silver tea set is usually on the table or tea cart when serving traditional High Tea and the tea cups are waiting to have the tea poured.


Cream anyone?



Sugar anyone?




Menu  

High Tea
My Cozy Corner Chicken Salad
Pineapple Pecan Quick Bread
Pumpkin Muffins filled with Fresh Cranberries
My Cozy Corner Deviled Eggs
A Slice of Tomato and Endive
Dessert
Individual servings of Tiramisu in the living room with another cup of tea.


  I hope you have enjoyed
High Tea with a French Flair

Thank you for joining me at My Cozy Corner.
xo
Betty








1 comment:

  1. Love your setting, so elegant, the flowers are amazing!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...