I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Tree...

Hello everyone,
Thirteen days into December. The house is decorated and Friday I will be having my annual Christmas Tea with Friends.
Now it's time to show you  my Christmas Tree in the living room...
I used one of my angels as the tree topper this year.  She usually sits on an end table.
I think the beautiful deep color of red looks just like my Ingrid Bergman rose in yesterday's post. Go Here
My Christmas Tree is covered with angel ornaments that I have collected for over twenty years.
This year I've added gold and silver garland and round gold ornaments
The tree sits in the corner of our living room next to the fireplace. The tree is 6 feet and 5 inches and sits on
the end table next to the sofa.  The gold in the background is a bookcase that I cover with a gold tablecloth.
I don't want anything to distract from the Christmas Tree.
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, Your branches green delight us! They are green when summer days are bright, They are green when winter snow is white. O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, You give us so much pleasure.  How oft at Christmas tide the sight, O green fir tree, gives us delight! O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, You give us so much pleasure.
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree forever true your colour.  Your boughs so green in summertime Stay bravely green in wintertime. O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree forever true your colour.
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree you fill my heart with music. Reminding me on Christmas Day. To think of you and then be gay.  O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree you fill my heart with music.

I love sitting in the living room at night with only the lights from the tree and the mantel flickering a golden glow.

Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner.
I'm linking to:
Thursday
Thrifty Decor Chick for Christmas Tree
The Delightsome Life for Home and Garden
Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell

Hope you enjoyed my old fashioned decorations. I do a little tweaking each year.
To see last year's tree. Go Here 
xo
Betty 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Betty! Your tree is so beautiful filled with the angels! Love your angel filled mantel too!
    Merry Christmas,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...