I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, December 17, 2012

Tablescape # 58 Twelve Days of Christmas

 Hello Everyone,
Welcome to My '12 Days of Christmas' Tea.  
To learn more about the reason for the '12 Days of Christmas' Go Here
I've set the table, and the soup is on the stove. 
While we're waiting for everyone to arrive, please pour yourself  a glass of  punch.
Everyone has arrived.  Please find your favorite tea from the tea box.
Pick your favorite tea pot and I will pour you some hot water to brew your tea.
We have our tea pot and now we can sit down and I will serve the soup.
Wild Mushroom soup in the Christmas dishes

Has everyone finished their soup?
Now it's time to sing. Yes! sing.
Story time:
I purchased this complete set of dishes from Domestication's a long time ago.

Every Christmas our family would use the dishes for our Christmas Dinner.
Our granddaughters would seek out the plate with the five golden rings.
 Usually our oldest granddaughter would find the plate and quickly sit down to claim the prize. 
She is now 21 years old and has a wonderful singing voice.  Last year she sang the part of Fantine in
 Les Miserables. At six years old she won a talent contest and an cash award.
Today she is busy studying to be a nurse.   
We would sing and laugh. And sing and laugh until every one's sides hurt.
What wonderful memories.


We did the same thing at my tea party. We sang. I mixed the plates up so we jumped around the table and tried to remember who had which plate. I hope you can imagine how funny we were. 
I invited 12 ladies.  Each sang their part perfect! We sang and laughed and we sang and laughed.
Thanks ladies.

I baked Vanilla scones with dried cranberries. To lather the scone I served butter, pomegranate jelly, whipped cream and homemade lemon curd. 
I found the Partridge in a Pear Tree cookie jar at a yard sale and had to do some minor repair work  to one of the five golden rings. I placed a pear and little golden rings on the table.
Each lady received a English cracker with the number of her plate. They took the crackers home as a favor along with a jar of homemade pomegranate jelly.   
I served 
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Shrimp Cocktail Canapes
and 
Turkey Salad Crostini with Cranberry Relish


The four gracious ladies on the left are my dear friends of 44 years. The beautiful lady at the left end is my awesome sister-in-law. The great lady at the end of the table is also part of the group of 44 years. The fabulous lady at the end on the right is a dear friend of many years. The ladies in blue and red were my wonderful traveling partners of 2011.  The last two incredible ladies were also on our trip to England and Scotland in 2011. 
I must say this now. I am truly blessed to have 12 of the most amazing women in my life.
I know I could go to each one of them and they would be there for me.
Thank you ladies. You are the best.
I served homemade Lemon Squares Supreme, Chocolate Truffles,
 and German Shortbread Cookies dipped in Chocolate for dessert. 
Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner 
Please join me: 
Tuesday 
Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Cup Tuesday
A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Wednesday 
Bernideens Tea Time Blog for Tea with Friends
Cuisine Kathleen for Let's Dish 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Thursday 
Between Naps On The Porch for Tablescape Thursday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia for Tablescapes
Friday 
Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell
See you soon!
xo
Betty  


18 comments:

  1. Oh Betty
    What a fabulous post.
    I adore all your Christmas china - everything is beautiful!
    Your food looks very scrummy - those 12 ladies are lucky to have you as a friend too!
    Joyeux Noël
    Shane ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty, what a marvelous celebration you had with these lucky ladies. The food looks delicious and the 12 days of Christmas china -- what fun! Beautiful table. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to have all these wonderful ladies in your life and what a lovely looking group too. Your tea is fabulous; love the china and the treats so beautifully displayed on your table. I love the sight of those teapots all sitting at the ready too; totally charming! A joyous time together which make delightful memories. Thank you, Betty, for coming to tea and helping to make my tea party all the more enjoyable with your presence. Enjoy these days leading up to Christmas.

    Christmas blessings to you and your loved ones,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty, Your partridge in a pear tree cookie jar is just adorable! Love your pretty teapots too, and your china. The punch and goodies look scrumptious! Merry Christmas Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Evening Betty, There is nothing nicer than good food and good friends to enjoy the food and you seem to have both in abundance. What a wonderful time you all had. My family were trying to remember all the words to The First Day of Christmas, we struggled with a few, but finally remembered all the words. Have a lovely evening, Best Wishes Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good food and good friends make for the best of luncheons. Your table is festive and you served an array of yummy things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A splendid tea! I enjoyed your comments about your daughter too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What happy friends in your photos and a lovely idea for a Christmas tree. I love the song the twelve days of Christmas and I am certain this is a jolly and laughing singing time. Your china is so pretty with the different days and fun set for celebrating Christmas. Thanks for sharing your familly traditions and the sweet tea party!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. How BEAUTIFUL!!!! And I love all your teapots, what a great idea!!!! Makes me want to have a tea party too!!!! Looks like great fun! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful Christmas tea! I'm sure everyone was so delighted to be there and it sounds like you all had such fun! Beautiful dishes and tablesetting. Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas to you!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great group of gals - I know they had a wonderful time at your tea! Everything is so perfect and festive! Thanks for linking to Friends Sharing Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Betty, I don't want to leave your post! WISH I WAS THERE having fun with you and those lovely ladies and eating in such gorgeous china and in the plates 12 days of C'mas. Everything is just gorgeous!!! Have a happy and joyeous Christmas, along with your family.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to celebrate.

    Merry Christmas.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word, Betty- how divine!

    What a sensational and unforgettable awesome tea party you hosted!

    WOW!!!!!

    Everything is just picture perfect, ma'am!!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that china and looks like you had a very fun time. Merry Pinkmas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have that china too! We probably bought it around the same time. I love how you have worked with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks like a wonderful tea. The table looks so festive!
    Thanks for linking to Let's Dish, and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful and festive table you set. And then to celebrate with friends, and share it. Have a Merry Christmas. Blessings Paula

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...