I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, February 10, 2014

Angel Tea Time


Hello, my dear friends 
Welcome to My Cozy Corner. February is my favorite month and 
 on February 14th. 1960 my sweetheart and I were engaged. 
We have a LOVE STORY and you can read it  HERE
I'm such a romantic and angels remind me of TRUE LOVE. 
Please join me for a cup of tea and a delicious cookie on a rainy February day.
A dear friend gave me this beautiful set of Fostoria 'American' salad and dessert dishes. I knew the instant she handed me the dishes what kind of tablescape  I was going design. My lace tablecloth and pink transferware was part of my vision. 
A little cherub vase and my 'Perfection' Camellias make the most romantic statement.
The delicious Almond Crescent cookies are on an American salad plate.
While at the thrift store I found two cherub napkin rings to complete my tea table.
My Ironstone tea pot is also a delightful addition to tea time.
Adding my grandmother's silver tea spoons. The little spoons traveled to America 100 years ago (1914) on a ship from England.
I ran outside to pick the camellias in the rain. Hopefully you will see a rain drop or two on the flower petals. 
~Angels or Cherubs~
Sweet and Romantic

12 comments:

  1. Hi Betty, I adore your little Cupids and your red transferware. The teapot is gorgeous too! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cupids for Valentine's Day! Perfect. Lovely red transferware is perfect for your teascape. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty,

    Such a pretty setting for Valentine's Day. Your Fostoria 'American' is gorgeous and looks so nice with your cupids. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty,
    I love your red transferware! Your silver spoons are such treasures of your grandmother's. I love vintage anything. Everything looks so pretty with your cupids and camelias. And yes, I did see the raindrops; beautiful! Thank you for sharing and joining me for tea. Happy Valentine's Day! Now I'm off to read your Love Story.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful choice of dishes for a Valentine Tea! I love your transferware and l your sweet angels!
    ...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, your angels are sweet and if you follow my blog you know I like red transfer ware!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your vision came together to produce such a lovely table, especially with the addition of the red transferware.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your creative table is lovely for a Valentine tea table. Your sweet teapot with the pink swirls is so pretty. The Fostoria plates are so nice of your friend to give to you. Hope you day is great on the 14th!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi: I love that tea pot! Everything looks wonderful but that pot is so very special. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red and white - so pretty and just right for Valentine's Day.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Martha (above) - that teapot. Maybe a Sadler? Everything looks wonderful here and very fun Betty! So glad you linked this post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tea is marvelous! The cherubs are sweet! I am delighted that you shared with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...