I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Winter Mantel



Hi everyone, 
January disappeared!  I'm looking forward to sunny days. My daffodils are about an inch out of the ground and all the roses have little buds sprouting on the branches.
I've finally finished decorating my Winter mantel and I love the Pine Cones and Boxwood. Remember the Petites Fleurs in my Fall Mantel? HERE
I'm so happy to see Brass decor coming back in style. When we did our last remodel to our home in 1990 I purchased brass candlestick holders and brass lamps. (Very expensive) and I love the look of brass in our living room. I broke one of the original glass hurricane candlestick shades, so I replaced both this last year. The cloches are an integral part of my mantel design and I love old books too.  Go Here for last year's Winter mantel
I bought the Partridge and the Pear Tree at Pottery Barn in Pasadena while on vacation this past Fall. We don't have a Pottery Barn close, I would have to go to Sacramento to a Pottery Barn there. When I saw the salt and pepper shakers, I knew it was love at first sight. As the designers say~Buy what you love! I do♥
I love my apothecary jars and I found the glittered pine cones at Safeway on sale after Christmas. I knew I would get some mileage out of the darling glittery pine cones this winter and during next Fall and Christmas season. 
Always so much inspiration on blogs and pinterest on how to decorate a mantel. In 2014 my goal is to be more thrifty and shop my home. I'm running out of storage room and as I age I have less energy to move things around frequently. I would love to have this look for a few months at least.
My project the next few weeks is to finish cleaning my craft room and work in my garden and getting it ready for our tour in May. As bloggers know time flies when having fun and my life just is going by way to fast.
Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner
Linking to:
Between Naps On The Porch for Met Monday
Thrifty Decor Chick for Before and After 
Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Cedar Hill Farmhouse for The Scoop
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Joyously,
Betty 

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love the new vignette and using the pinecones is so perfect for winter. Great job. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, I love the pine cones in the jars. Beautiful mantel! Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty
    Your mantel looks wonderful!

    I use PhotoScape for editing. The effect I used for the picture is water painting in the filter dropdown. There is a new app for Apple products. It is water something or other. Kim at Savvy Southern Style did a post about it the other day. If you have an Apple product you can get that one. IPhone or Mac accepts that app.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...