I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, September 28, 2015

Traveling Tuesday


Welcome 
I hope your weekend was a good one. As you might have guessed by my posts about 'How to Pack One Suitcase; HERE..I was on vacation for two weeks. I live in Northern California and I have never visited New England. As a Daughter of the American Revolution D.A.R. I love the stories of the American Patriots and what they did to free our country. I have wanted to go to Boston for years and throw a tea bag into the Boston Harbor. I wanted to take a cruise from Boston to Quebec, but my husband had a different idea. He wanted to do a road trip. As a compromising wife I agreed.
We flew to Boston and our first historical tour was a visit to the site of the Boston Tea Party in 1773.

On December 16, 1773, after officials in Boston refused to return three shiploads of taxed tea to Britain, a group of colonists boarded the ships and destroyed the tea by throwing it into Boston Harbor. A group of 30 to 130 men boarded the three vessels and dumped all 342 chests of tea into the water. The Boston Tea Party was a key event in the growth of the American Revolution.
Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party
EyeWitnessToHistory.com - http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/teaparty.htm

The actors at the museum reenact the evening of December 16, 1773

 I had my husband snap a photo of me with my BIG TEA BAG.  
The young kids on the tour throw the tea chest in the water and then they bring the tea chest back up for photo opportunities.  
This fellow was a character. He made jokes and gave up the scoop on the tea party. LOL
After the tour my husband and I had tea at 'Abigail's Tea Room.
This is the tea display in the tea room. I went to the gift shop and bought some tea, a tea bag caddy and a tea towel. Hopefully I will have a tea post up soon. 
Meet Ms. Abigail.
A mosaic to pin


Every Tuesday I will continue my journey and share with you how a couple of 70 some-thing drive around the United States and come home laughing. 
Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner
and
please link up with  me as I co-host
THURSDAY FAVORITE THINGS BLOG HOP
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...