I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Flag Bedroom Before and After


Hello everyone, 
Hope you are having a great Labor Day weekend. I love our new Master Bedroom update. I put a patriotic quilt and shams on our bed for the Labor Day holiday. And I have more than one pillow. Pillows on the bed is a running joke around our house. 
When we were buying new sheers for our Living Room in May, we earned
 $70.00 dollars worth of reward points from J C Penny. This quilt and shams went on sale for $69.99 I used my rewards and I just paid the tax of $6.40. The set even came in a nice tote bag for storage.
If you are a new visitor and want to see our Master Bedroom Update. Go Here. 
Everyday I have only one pillow on the bed for convenience, but during this holiday weekend I have Three pillows on the bed. Oh my gosh I'm living on the edge. LOL.
I have Pillow Love and I added the flag pillows I used during the 4th of July holiday. Go Here.
When I first shared our new bedroom set I didn't share the new chest of drawers we purchased with our new bed. So, today I tried to dress up the top of the dresser. We have cable television and there is no good way that I've found to cover the cable box. Ugh!! I found some artificial greenery, a cute box saying Dreams and a cloche with a beautiful gold apple. At least I have some interesting and cute things to admire while watching television.
This is sweetheart's side of the bed. I put red roses from our garden in a bud vase. I don't remember if I mentioned when we purchased our new bedroom set we ordered glass tops from a glass company in town to protect the tops of our furniture. Sometimes we put a glass of water at our bedside and we don't want to damage the beautiful finish on our new furniture. 
I love looking at the cute pillows
I put my flag pillow in my daddy's chair.
I'm having a great time changing pillows with the different seasons.
A close up of the different patterns on the pillows 
A mosaic to pin

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a happy and safe holiday weekend.
Joyously,
Betty 
Linking to:
The Tray of Bliss for Five Star Frugal
Rustic and Refined for Table It Link Party - Sunday 
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday

5 comments:

  1. Love your bedroom....I had to laugh when you said you are living on the edge with 3 pillows...LOL

    It reminded me to try and step out of my comfort zone a bit and try new things. Ohhh the cable box, yeah! If women designed electronics they would be a heck of a lot prettier! and smaller....LOL

    Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine,
      Thanks for your comment. Pillows on the bed is a running joke at our house...LOL
      Joyously,
      Betty

      Delete
  2. Pillows on the bed are not my hubby's idea of comfort and he's always fired them on the floor. I like the flag pillows and quilt, adding glass on the furniture for protection was a good idea.
    Thanks for joining Mosaic Monday Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pillows on the bed add a lot. Your flag pillows look great. I like the idea of glass tops on your furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our bedrooms are our sanctuary and yours is wonderful. I love flags and the red and white. Really pretty. And the bed is very elegant and traditional. Coming to you from Mosaic Monday. Hope to visit again.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...