I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Cupcake Sunday



I'm EXICITED again.  You know when I get Excited I have been inspired.  Thanks to Vanessa @ Southern in My Heart and Inspiration Friday I thought I would start a "Cupcake Sunday" party and you all can join in with your wonderful creations.

I would bake cupcakes once a month, decorate them (learn something new) and take the cupcakes to church for our Sunday coffee hour.  I know the kids (young and old) would love them.

Starting on October 24, 2010 I will have a Linky and button ready. We all can have fun baking cupcakes for our blog and then a family dessert. YUM...... A win win.

I love cupcakes.  They are small and delicious to eat with ice cream.  Just the right portion size. LOL.

I baked the cupcakes today. Took them to our church dinner tonight and photographed the cupcakes on the dessert table.  The white material behind the cupcakes is covering a black chalk board.  We had so many desserts the cupcakes and other desserts are going to be rerun tomorrow at the Sunday coffee hour.

I hope you will join me on October 24th for some fun.  It is a great time of the year to start baking.  With all the holidays and company we are going to have in the coming months, I am sure there are going to be some wonderful cupcakes to share with our loved ones.


My first Cupcake Sunday introduction.  'Falling Leaves' fall decorated cupcake papers.  Spice cake mix. Canned White vanilla frosting.  Fall sprinkle decorations from Michael's craft store.  Very basic.  No frills. 20 minutes baking time and 30 minutes frosting time.


OK.  Now this is where it gets tricky.  I bought some pre-made fondant, gel dye and  I bought three small leaf decorative cutters.  I colored the fondant the color of autumn leaves and cut the shapes.  I left the leaves out over night and then put them on top of the cupcakes just before I took them to the church. I have never worked with fondant before, but I want to learn more. It is like playing with play dough. Maybe some creative things might be on top of the cupcakes.  I'm Excited
 

Cute fall leaves.


So I'm Excited.  Something new to learn and share.  I'm also Excited about sharing my home.  My garden.  My travels and of course My Cozy Corner goodies in the next few months.

Thanks for visiting today. I'm having an amazing time blogging. 

I am joining  The Tablescaper  for Seasonal Sunday

Please link back and visit the wonderful Seasonal favorites on Sunday.

Please leave a comment and become a follower

xoxo
Betty

9 comments:

  1. The cupcakes look yummy and your event sounds wonderful!

    Pat@Back Porch Musings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love cupcakes! I'll join in and add your party to my sidebar:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such adorable cupcakes.I love that they're so easy. I've often thought about trying fondant and now you've given me the inspiration to go through with it.

    Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I just became your newest follower. I'm curious to see all of the inspirational cupcakes.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I'm back again. Somehow I can't sign up to be a Follower. I'll try again later.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betty!
    Well, since my friend The Tablescaper couldn't figure out how to follow, I am your newest follower! :)
    Love the idea of the cupcakes, I hope I can remember! I would like to join in.
    I have some little cupcakelets in my post today!
    Happy 50th! My sis had hers in June. Good health to you and dh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're almost too pretty to eat! We have a new cupcake shop here in town.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those pretty cupcakes! I will try my hardest to join in with your linky party-it sounds fun!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, your stuff looks so delish. I don't even need a bite, just looking at it makes me satisfied.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...