I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tablescape #7


A Barnyard Bash

Wow!! I love to Blog.

I'm joining Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday and Happier than a Pig in Mud for a Barnyard Bash.  My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.  And, Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum with a Cookie recipe 
I started baking in the early 70's.  And my granddaughters love them.

Since I only have Roosters and Chickens in my Barnyard.  

The hen house has invited us to have some Tea and Cookies.

Please join me at the Hen House

In a previous post, I shared my Kitchen Icon.  Mr. Rooster.  In any French kitchen the first thing you are likely to see is a brightly colored rooster.  Yes, My Rooster does have bright colors.


I would like to introduce you to Mr. Cream and Mrs. Sugar.  I think they are very cute.


This rooster looks like he owns the chicken coop.  How about his attitude?


Did you know roosters are on
tea pots?  And, of course 'Butterscotch Delight' cookies to delight you.


Each place setting has a White plate-my everyday, clear plate-church sale and a nice deep reddish purple plate-Bimore.  And a painted rooster on the top plate each representing a different breed of bird-gift from my dear sister.  






How about a little straw for the napkin rings?


Everyone is ready for Tea and Cookies. The tea cups are waiting- same everyday dinnerware.


My Sunflowers just started to bloom this week.  They are so tall and beautiful.

I was so excited to show their big yellow heads for Tablescape #7.

Please join me for some Butterscotch Delights.

Before zip lock bags, I would fill bread bags and freeze them.  I always had cookies on hand for a lunch box, tea party or after school snack.
Easy - Freeze beautifully
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 1/2 cups of brown sugar
2 1/2 cups of shortening
5 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla
 1/4 cup milk
mix dry ingredients
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
5 cups flour
5 cups Old Fashion Oatmeal
Bake at 350 degrees on parchment paper for 15 minutes 
yields 4 dozen - 3inch cookies
ENJOY!!!!
 
Wow factor!!!!!
Another wonderful party at My Cozy Corner is over.  I love having  parties.  Thank you so much for visiting.

Please leave a comment and become a follower too.

xoxo
Betty

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love all your roosters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Your plates are beautiful and I'm lovin' Mr. Cream and Mrs. Sugar! Your last photo is spectacular! Thank you so much for joining the Barnyard Bash, see you tomorrow:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I absolutely love your rooster plates! So glad you showed us each plate. I also love how they have the black checked trim. I am joining your from both Tablescape Thursday and the Barnyard Bash also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love roosters! Yours are exquisite! Thanks for visiting me that I might find you!
    Hope you have a fantastic day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your roosters! The tea pot is adorable. Cute that you wrapped the napkins with raffia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute roosters. Love the plates. The recipe sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty,
    You are just too much. I really enjoyed looking at all your blogs today. Of course I especially liked the violin case. How did you know all that about our dad? I never knew about the jam sessions, or when he started playing the violin. You're just so smart and savvy.
    Your sis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the lovely "hen" party! The table and the flowers are beautiful, and the cookies are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a wonderful barnyard collection of roosters you have. I love those pretty plates and all that layering. All very delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tablescape! I love sunflowers, too. It is fun to compare all the barnyard tables - each one special and unique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a gorgeous collection of roosters! A virtual rooster house. I'm wild over your dishes! The hand painted roosters are done so beautifully.
    Great table!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many treasures! Your sunflowers are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your roosters!! I have a rooster theme on top of my kitchen cabinets!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great rooster collection..why is it we like chickens. I was raied on a farm and I've had a nasty old rooster chase me a time or two.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty and colorful table!!! Great tablescape!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful table, love the aded touches. And educational plates!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i really enjoyed going through you tea party and the hen house, it was a treat to see them all as i love to buy things like these and present them when i have guests, lovely decor

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Betty, I just looked back at your older posts and I am going to be your newest follower! Your rooster plates are charming and using the "straw" for the napkin rings was a great idea! Come see me when you have a chance! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, what a party. Your roosters and hens are beautiful. Love the sunflower and the delicious recipe you shared.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your rooster tablescape! I like the rooster teapot the best. The rooster plates are cute, too. Happy Tablescaping!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...