I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Iris Tea Time



Hi everyone,
I'm on a tea time marathon. The Iris are blooming and the scones are baked. While on vacation I bought The Tuck Box scone mix. The scone mix is a Scottish recipe made with buttermilk. It's soft and cake like and so delicious. I served it with The Tuck Box Olallieberry Spread and whipped cream. To see 'The Tuck Box' post go here.
My
Archive-Lavender Royal Albert Tea Set is the perfect color to match my Iris blooms.
I've poured a cup of tea for you...

Please have a Scottish scone with the best tasting spread.
Cream and sugar for your tea. 
A vintage spreading knife from great-grandma...
The story of my wonderful vacation in March is almost over. I will be posting the hotel we stayed in on our last night before heading home and back to reality.
I found this wonderful vase at the Goodwill for $3.00 dollars. 

I do love my Iris♥
Hope you have a wonderful weekend
Joyously,
Betty


Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday and Everything Else 
 The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday 
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday 
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
The ROSEGARDEN for Showoff Saturday
Rustic and Refined for Table It Link Party - Sunday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday

11 comments:

  1. Your iris flowers are so pretty....I don't think I have ever seen that colour before....and who doesnt love a bargain vase....just gorgeous...and you making me hungry with you scones. I'm off to bake some for myself...HPS Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. O, what a beautiful tea...and flowers..these were my mom' s favorite, too.
    It's breakfast time, I have to go early to get a hair cut, I'm hungry...and no time to bake...hope I can find a cookie somewhere to go with my Dunkin Donuts coffee....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post! I'm crazy about your tea cups and your flowers are stunning! I'm a nut for pretty china and you have some of the prettiest I've seen!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew a man that sold bulbs of iris the field was so pretty.Yours remind me of him.
    The tea party was fun
    HPS
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy,
    So many lovely images! I enjoyed tea and scones just this afternoon! I love the teacups. I have recently begun collecting them! That vase is gorgeous and your flowers are too! Found you at amaze me Monday! Have a wonderful week!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty tea cups. Pretty table setting. Scones look delicious. A wonderful table setting to sit at and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Our iris have no blooms yet. Love your teacups and love hearing about Carel & The Tuck Box...we had our honeymoon in Carmel 41+ years ago. Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love Iris... I notice the leaves of mine of beginning to appear. The Royal Albert tea cups are beautiful. I do love RA and lavender as well. What a pretty combination.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty post. I bet the scones are delicious. I love Iris and yours are gorgeous. The vase is a great find at GW. I love Royal Albert and your lavender is beautiful. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the lavender teacups! I'd also love to have some of your delicious Scottish scones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tea! Thank you for joining HSH!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...