I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Banana, Cranberry and Walnut Tea Bread


Hello everyone,
Today I want to share a recipe for my
Banana, Cranberry and Walnut Tea Bread.
I posted my Chintz Tea Time Here  
and what I didn't share with you was this 
delicious recipe.

Print recipe

Banana, Cranberry and Walnut Bread
This banana bread is perfect for tea sandwiches. Full of cranberries and walnuts.
Ingredients
  • 4 ounces, at room temp butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 large, beaten eggs
  • 1 tsp milk
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp soda
  • 1 tsp spices
  • 3 ripe, peeled and mashed bananas
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 325*F Butter 2 small loaf tins, or 1 large loaf tin and line with baking parchment.Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the eggs and the milk, mixing all together well.Whisk together the flour, salt, soda and spice. Stir this mixture into the creamed mixture. Stir in the bananas, cranberries, and walnuts. Divide the mixture between the two small tins or spread into the large tin.Bake in the middle of the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes for small loaves, or 1 to 1 1/2 hours for the large tin, until well risen and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tins for 10 minutes, then lift out onto a wire rack to cool completely. This bread will keep for up to 1 week when stored in an airtight tin.

I made one large loaf and one small loaf of tea bread. 
I'm putting the little one in the freezer to give away and 
I cut two slices from the large bread and trimmed the 
edges into a small size sandwich. Then
I spread cream cheese on the bottom slice. I 
cut a fresh strawberry and placed it on the cream cheese.
I placed the other slice on top of the strawberry.
Yum!
I have been enjoying this delicious tea bread
in the afternoon with our tea.
I hope you try this delightful tea bread.
I bought more walnuts yesterday to make
two more loaves to have on hand in the freezer to
serve when company comes to visit.
While you are printing this recipe,
check out my other recipes
I have in my recipe box.
Please come back soon.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:
Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
Lavender Cottage for Mosaic Monday
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Tuesday Cuppa at Antiques and Tea Cups
Bernideen's BTTCG Blog Party
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at our Home
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Thoughts of Home at Poofing the Pillows
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes for Best of the Weekend
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. That bread looks delicious Betty. I like everything in it. I must try it. Thanks for sharing. Thelma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I pinned it to my Tea and Crumpets board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness does that ever sound good. The bread with cream cheese!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Betty:
    I see the layers of the little finger sandwiches and I thought how delicious that must be! And lovely. Thanks for sharing and linking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty, that looks perfectly scrumptious! I am kicking myself right now as I just discovered I let a container of walnuts get "lost" in the fridge and so had to be thrown out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinks looks yummy. Did you have to put in fridge to "firm" up to make sandwiches or does it hold up right away?? I always have trouble with fruit breads crumbling!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds delicous! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...