I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Living Room Vignette B and A


Hello everyone,
It's been hot here for days. I have cabin fever, and when I 
rest in the afternoon, I dream about my fall garden. 
I can't wait until the weather cools down and I 
can go outside and start digging up plants and moving  
them to a more conducive place in the garden.
Being in the house all day, I took some pictures of 
my new fall vignette on the sofa table.
All summer I had the white candles, mercury candle holders
and mercury vase with pear blooms.  Now I have
three vases with hydrangeas drying. 
I follow the decorating rule of "have things you love in your house."
I do love my wildlife artwork. 
When the hydrangeas dry completely,  I will use them in 
a basket in my guest room. There are a few more
still on the plants outside.  This table is a great
spot to decorate and dry my blooms at the same time.
I have a wooden wheelbarrow under the table, filled with 
last year's dried hydrangeas.
 
I have tried different methods of drying the beautiful blooms.
This method has worked best for me.
Fill a vase with a small amount of water.
Remove all leaves.
Put the flowers in the vase and leave them
in the water, until the blooms, are completely dry
and the water has evaporated.
In a couple of weeks. I will be transforming our country
home into my most favorite time of the year.
FALL is coming soon.
A mosaic to pin


So delighted you came visiting today.
a visit today.
Joyously,
Betty
Linking to:
Rustic and Refined for Dishing It and Dishing It
 The Dedicated House for Make it Pretty Monday 
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home
Between Naps on the Porch for Met Monday
Tuesday Cuppa at Antiques and Tea Cups
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse 
Our Home Away from Home for Tuesdays at our Home
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday 
The Dedicated House for Before and After Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday 
Katherines Corner for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life 
Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday
Thoughts of Home at Poofing the Pillows
The Essence of Home for  Show Your Style Thursday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday and Everything Else 
 The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Friday
Ms. Toody Goo Shoes for Best of the Weekend
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday~Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful week, I'm waiting for cooler weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your prints! I'm not ready for fall yet... I'm enjoying this warm weather! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up at Dishing It & Digging It! We love seeing your projects each week! :)

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vignettes! Your hydrangeas look perfect there under the print and the lighting from the lamp gives a soothing glow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our weather is playing with us.. it dipped down to 82 for two days yesterday and today will soar up to mid nineties again for the next week....not nice!!! So today I am getting out and clearing the tangle of vines and weeds form a garden and planting a couple of fall type flowers.... hope I get it done... Love your vignette and the hydrangeas.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...