I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Friday, March 19, 2010

Comfort in a Cup


Tomorrow is the first day of Spring.  Easter will be here very soon. And, what to do with the leftover ham?  Make soup. 


CORN CHOWDER


2 tbsp. butter
6 oz. diced ham
1 large onion, chopped
3 tbsp. flour
32 oz. Chicken Stock
1 large russet potato, peeled and diced
(about 2-1/2 cups)
1 cup evaporated skim milk
(or half-and-half)
4 cups fresh or frozen corn
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
3 green onions, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. chopped basil or cilantro

Melt butter in a medium skillet.  Add ham and onions; cook for 5 minutes.  Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.  Add stock and potatoes; cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.  Add milk, corn, red peppers and green onions;  cook for 10 minutes more.  Season to taste with salt and pepper and garish with basil or cilantro. 
I serve this soup with a tossed green salad and crusty bread with butter. Ah!!!!!
Hope you enjoy the soup. 

Today I'm linking to Michael's Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum.  And also linking to Cindy's Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home.   
Please come back soon and leave a comment
Betty


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Corn chowder sounds perfect! I love this recipe.
    Win Rachael Ray bake ware at my blog.
    Thanks!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corn chowder will be perfect this week--nothing but gray skies and rain. Thanks for joining us at FF.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...