I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Christmas Bear - Show and Tell Friday


I want to share My Christmas Bear.  This is the perfect time and place.  My Christmas Bear was given to me when I was six months old (December 24, 1941).  My mom and dad bought this bear for me on my First Christmas.  Teddy is 15" tall and well worn.  Under his arms and between his legs where the light has not reached is the original most beautiful cinnamon color.  Teddy's arms and legs move, but his head does not.  When Teddy was 35 years old, I had his nose, eyes and the pads on his paws redone.
As you can see the mohair is getting thinner as he is getting older.  I seem to be having the same problem with my hair.  I love to look at him.  I should put him away in a dark place to preserve his fur, but I just don't have the heart to.  I love him so much and I want to enjoy him everyday.  I hope you have enjoyed my Show and Tell today.  I'm joining Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.  Be sure to visit  her and see the amazing blogs.
Thanks
Betty

9 comments:

  1. Oh but he has all the charm and love now, if not more so!!!

    My Show n Tell is just Springtime Flowers in our Yard A nice treat after a long, cold winter!! Stop over and 'smell the roses' with me if you can! I'd love your company!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable. It's so wonderful you still have him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty,
    He's adorable! I love it when someone keeps their first bear; it shows they are very sentimental. He's been well loved! Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story! It's so nice you've still got him! Nancy's Daily Dish

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweetie! He has been loved a lot, and it shows wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teddy is so sweet!! He has been loved alot , and those are the best ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! What a treasure!

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Betty! I didn't know you had a blog until last night when we were over at Theresa's!
    I love your blog!
    Also, you've taught me that Sadler teapots exist!
    I love the Shakespeare one, if you ever have one in your antique booth please let me know!
    I want to come up and see your booth!
    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "NOTHING is better than seeing a well loved bear"!!! OH YES there is something better, "OWNING a well loved bear"!!! OH YES there is something even better, "OWNING YOUR OWN well loved bear"!!! OH YES there is something EVEN BETTER, "OWNING YOUR OWN well loved bear AFTER it's been through your own Little Kiddies"!!! hehehe! I had to say that, I'm a bear collector AND I "LOVE YOURS"!
    Big Bear Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...