I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My Blue and White Showcase

Today is Show and Tell Friday.  I am joining Cindy at My Romantic Home.
I have been collecting Blue and White accessories for about a year. And, I have wanted to share them with everyone for a long time.


I just love this cup and saucer so much.  I found it at an estate sale.  It is a Johnson Brothers - Made in England.  The tea pot is part of a set of dishes that was on sale at Save Mart Super Market in Santa Clara.  I bought it before Christmas when I was visiting my mom,  while my sister was on vacation.  The small dessert dish is Spode - Made in England with an Italian design.  My sister-in-law gave it to me to sell in "My Cozy Corner" but, I kept it. I want to live with things for awhile before I sell them.  I think that is human nature.


I found this photograph in Tea Time Magazine click here in the March/April 2010 issue.  Johnson Brothers Indies teapot, sugar bowl, and cup and saucer from a private collection. When I saw this cup and saucer that was similar to mine in a magazine I was so excited. 


 

This is a sweet cup and saucer.  No markings anywhere.  If anyone knows more about this cup and saucer I would love to hear about it.  Thanks.



The candle stick is Spode. I won it last month as a white elephant gift at our church women's meeting.  The sugar and creamer I bought at a small antique store for $10.00.  And, the Camellias are from a tree in my front yard.  The three blooms I picked are the only ones that didn't have brown edges from all the rain we've had this winter.

















Thanks again to Cindy at My Romantic Home for hosting this get-together.
Link back to Cindy's blog and enjoy more things from our heart, our home, and our garden. 
Thank you for stopping by and please leave a comment if you can.  I have enjoyed showing My Blue and White and I hope you have enjoyed it too.
xoxo
Betty   

12 comments:

  1. This is just so pretty; I love blue and white and especially love afternoon tea!..,Beautiful!

    This is my second time participating with Cindy's,'Show And Tell Friday' and I am so enjoying meeting my delightful fellow particpants!

    ~Please do feel most welcome to also pop by for a visit and 'enjoy some afternoon tea'!..,

    Cheers from Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful....and those pink roses?....are they candles?

    Please, drop by my Show n Tell if you can find time. I'd love your company today.

    It's HERE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blue and white pieces. They are gorgeous. I have been collecting a few things too. Your tea set is gorgeous and the different patterns compliment each other beautifully. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blue and white patterns are timeless, they are always in fashion ! Very pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the 70's I had the complete Johnson Bros. set like your cup and saucer. I loved it, but in a fit of rage at my husband, I broke every single piece except the creamer which I still have. You don't know the tears I have shed over the loss of my beloved blue & white dishes. I hope you have as much enjoyment seeing those pieces as I have looking at your beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love blue and white too. What a pretty tea set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I really love your blue & white teaset.. I've been collecting some of blue & white teaset myself.. and am a happy onwer of Blue Willow blue & white..

    your set is just lovely.. especially the teapot! awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blue and white. I have a few pieces of the blue and white now and can't wait to use it! Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love blue and white and these are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so pretty! I love the teapot!If you have a minute stop by http://shabbychictreasures.blogspot.com/
    I am giving away a pretty rose teapot for April!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back Betty! I missed you. I caught up on your last posts and loved them! I am so happy to hear that you had such a terrific time!

    Love the blue and white. Exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sis,
    I had a lot of fun looking at your blogs this evening. Everything was beautiful as usual. You are so creative. Loved the pictures of your vacation especially. Talk to you soon.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...