I Love Tea Cups

I Love Tea Cups

Monday, May 17, 2010

Outdoor Accessories

I love Spring.  This winter was very harsh in our area.  The temp was 17 degrees a couple of mornings.  I thought I had my tender plants protected from frost.  No!! No!! they all froze except the spider plant, which I had taken in the house to enjoy for a couple of weeks.  The spider plant stayed in the house all winter. 
Last weekend I went to the nursery and bought all new plants. 
HERE IS A LOOK......

I love angels.  This angel I painted a few years ago, but the frost cracked the paint and I just decided to leave her alone. 

The Aloe Vera plant was frozen so I trimmed off the fronds that were damaged.  The succulents in the strawberry pot were also replaced.
Well, I need to go and take some pain pills now for my aching back. Ha! Ha! Just kidding.  I love to play in the garden. 
I'm joining Marty @ A Stroll thru Life for Tabletop Tuesday. And, I'm joining Susan @A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday. 
Thanks for stopping by.  Please leave a comment and join as a follower.
xoxo
betty







9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I had to start over this spring, too. Usually we can overwinter geraniums by moving them on the coldest nights, but not this past year. Your angel is darling and adds so much to your vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty. That little angel is just perfect sitting there with your healthy plants.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betty I love that the angel looks like an old world piece now...Love seeing all your plants and My spider plant which was huge didn't make it this year of course I told hubs to put it in the sunroom and he didn't ha ha!!
    I added you to my follow list as I love meeting new gals here in blogland...stop by for a visit my friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this. So fresh looking. Makes me want to do something like this. Be blessed. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your cherub and your pots are so petty too. What a beautiful way to display them on the stand and the different plants all look so pretty. I Love the strawberry pot with all the succulents in it. What a great idea. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun plants! Your photos are charming too!

    love,kelee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Betty,

    I actually like how your little cherub looks. I like how you have your plants displayed.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cherub looks wonderful, all peel-y and chippy. And it's fun to get new plants! Just watch out for those random chilly nights.
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about the frost damamge! We are having problems with cold damp weather here in my neck of the woods. MN has had warmer temps than KS!!!

    Love your angel as is!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so delighted that you have visited my blog...
Thanks for your comments as I enjoy reading them.
Betty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...